Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #19
Desircustoms

Drives: 06 Yaris RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Yeah, the F/IC is probably really a bandaid solution. My friend in Oregon installed the kit with the F/IC in his Corolla. He swears by it. Says that it works flawlessly. I'm going to talk with ECUMaster again this week and maybe my tuner too.

If decent AFRs are the only safety net needed, then I'm ok in that respect, I guess. I added my water injection as a safety measure. I really want to remove the car's ECU from fueling inputs. Standalone looks like the way to go. However, did you see the EcuMaster Det 3? Apparently it can control injectors in batch fire mode. It is a piggyback, but if it could take complete control of fueling, it might be a cheaper option that the Black or Classic. Would have to do some more research there.
Haven't looked into the det3. I'd buy the black before the classic since you can do much more for a bit more money. I've looked at my aemlogs inj% and the fic seems to be doing it's job. Adding more fuel on the TPS map really helped. Will post screenshots later on.
Desircustoms is offline   Reply With Quote