Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > UK
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
scrummydoo
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2003
Indicator/fast flash/ relay ?

Hiya folks,,
My drivers side indicator has started to flash very fast but will flash at normal speed when hazard lights are on so, rather than a bad earth etc,, I'm thinking relay,, so here's my problem, Ive just been out on the drive in the rain,,, found the relay but can only just get my fat mits to it,, but cant remove it from the panel, I cant see the back of it either,, can anyone tell me if there's a catch or how to remove the relay, or if you know of any other causes for the indicator being fast I would love to hear them,,

Many thanks,,, Dave
scrummydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
An incorrect bulb or LED bulb will make that happen, since the flasher relay expects to see a specific resistance from the bulbs filaments.

For removing the flasher relay, there is a small release lever for the locking mechanism on the bottom of the relay's connector. If you can get a finger under the bottom of it, you'll feel it.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Eren_13

Drives: Yaris SR '12
Ignore this. Deleted post: wrong generation yaris! Apologies.
Eren_13 is offline   Reply With Quote