Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2007, 05:08 AM   #37
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
I personally would not touch Pedders or Kings even if they were the last springs on Earth... How many hours do you think they put in for a specific car in R&D?? They cannot tell me they do at least a couple of hundred hours of testing of every single car to develop such a product that affects the safety of the vehicle.

I can tell you of a friend who've gone from Kings to TRD sportivo suspension kit and shaved over 3 seconds at Wakefield.

If you are going to something, do it properly or don't do it at all.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #38
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

Drives: '10 SWP STi/'09 Escalade
Send a message via AIM to ASHRAF Send a message via MSN to ASHRAF Send a message via Yahoo to ASHRAF
for me Tanabe springs are working and looking really good

I don't thank that pedderes are the same

but I hadn't test them so it is not fair to judge
ASHRAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #39
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyTofu View Post
I personally would not touch Pedders or Kings even if they were the last springs on Earth... How many hours do you think they put in for a specific car in R&D?? They cannot tell me they do at least a couple of hundred hours of testing of every single car to develop such a product that affects the safety of the vehicle.

I can tell you of a friend who've gone from Kings to TRD sportivo suspension kit and shaved over 3 seconds at Wakefield.

If you are going to something, do it properly or don't do it at all.
Aren't TRDs re-badged? Where does Toyota get theirs? Anyway, toyota charges even more than pedders does, so there.

I guess, you guys are right, buy Tanabes or whatever from ebay then have it installed yourself, or find a mate who can do it for you cheaply...
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #40
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

Send a message via AIM to ASHRAF Send a message via MSN to ASHRAF Send a message via Yahoo to ASHRAF
I have the tanabe and I absolutly recommend them
Old 01-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #41
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Quote:
Originally Posted by as400g33k View Post
Aren't TRDs re-badged? Where does Toyota get theirs? Anyway, toyota charges even more than pedders does, so there.
The whole car is rebadged if you want to go that level of detail.... I recommend the whole TRD sus kit.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:23 AM   #42
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

tanabe works well with the factory sus system

but if u change to TRD it will be even better
Old 01-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #43
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Drives: White YRX 5DR Hatchback 2006
Hey guys ~

It was really good reading your entries ~ I was planning to pay $460 to have King's lowering springs installed with the installation fee ~ You guys reminded me of eBay ~

I have no money ATM and I need to do Tinting as well ~ So I wasn't ready to pay $460 ~ I think I might know a mate who can do it for me for cheap ~

Tanabe's good? or TRD springs? I just want good springs at a good price and I want no MORE than 40mm drop......I have a YRX......anymore drop and I will scratch her ~

I'm a girl so I don't even PLAN on installing the springs myself but I do know about cars and what I'm doing......that's all I can be sure about ~ I even be able to install myself but I just don't have the money to buy kits and probably no time either ~ Any suggestions on the spring brand and models ~ Thanks ~

BTW......what do you guys say about Fabric Protection and Paint Protection......good/worth the money or waste of money? Need lots of suggestions please ~ Thanks ~

Jaspie ~
jaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #44
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Springs alone.. I wouldn't recommend unless all you plan to do is cruise down the streets at walking pace. I don't recommend it as the shocks will not have enough control over the springs leaving you bob up and down mid corner. As I said, do it once, do it right. Just do the tinting first. Worry about the others later. Tinting will at least cool you down and stop UV rays going in the car (and you).

As for fabric protection, go to the supermarket and buy a few cans of scotchguard. I think when I last bought some, it was like $18/can. It's no different to scotchguarding your sofas etc.

Paint protection. Just wax it. In the industry, we call it the "Ming and Sting" (Ming being the "protection" company's name). See bird droppings, just rinse it off as soon as you can.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #45
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

I did the paint protection @ the dealer

but what is "fabric protection"?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #46
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Fabric protection.. aka scotchguard.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #47
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

I don't understand really

I'm not a native speaker
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #48
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Springs alone.. I wouldn't recommend unless all you plan to do is cruise down the streets at walking pace. I don't recommend it as the shocks will not have enough control over the springs leaving you bob up and down mid corner. As I said, do it once, do it right. Just do the tinting first. Worry about the others later. Tinting will at least cool you down and stop UV rays going in the car (and you).

As for fabric protection, go to the supermarket and buy a few cans of scotchguard. I think when I last bought some, it was like $18/can. It's no different to scotchguarding your sofas etc.

Paint protection. Just wax it. In the industry, we call it the "Ming and Sting" (Ming being the "protection" company's name). See bird droppings, just rinse it off as soon as you can.
I've found a Tinting [ackage (tinting, paint protection and fabric protection) all for $390 ~ You think that's a good deal......I think so ~ I mean.....they use 3M film which I know is pretty good ~ Usually for a package like that would cost $600 ~ Do you think I should take it or still just do tinting and do the rest myself ~

I don't do waxing.....I don't know how ~ Maybe I do......but no time as of yet ~

Jaspie ~
Old 01-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #49
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Well, for something that cost $40 max to do fabric protection (not that you need it anyway unless you have slobs in the car), I don't see why you have to do it.

Paint protection I don't even believe in that stuff. The car has had some work getting it right.. what makes the Ming and Sting products better than Toyota?

Tinting... you can get that done at a proper place. There are different grades of 3M film.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #50
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Well, for something that cost $40 max to do fabric protection (not that you need it anyway unless you have slobs in the car), I don't see why you have to do it.

Paint protection I don't even believe in that stuff. The car has had some work getting it right.. what makes the Ming and Sting products better than Toyota?

Tinting... you can get that done at a proper place. There are different grades of 3M film.
Yea.....I agree with you ~ I did see 2 spray cans of fabric protection stuff in the garage the other day ~ I think my dad bought it ~ Think I'll use that ~

Wax.....I'll spend some money buy the accessories and stuff to wax the car ~ Will be spending around $285 for tinting ~ Going in on Saturday to look at the different films ~ ^_^ ~

Thanks for convincing me not to waste uneccessary money ~ The "extra" money I save will go towards my lowering springs ~

Jaspie ~
Old 01-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #51
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Lowering can always come later. Tinting is also like putting sunscreen. :)
Old 01-16-2007, 02:51 AM   #52
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Lowering can always come later. Tinting is also like putting sunscreen. :)
Haha ~ Ok ~

I'll be doing tinting at the beginning of next month ~ She'll look great and keep out the heat too ^_^ ~

Jaspie ~
Old 01-16-2007, 04:34 AM   #53
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

I suggest the tinting first also

lowering can be delayed
Old 01-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #54
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Yes tinting is the way to go....lowering can cum 2nd...

though i suggest get the darkest legal tint. Though my mum didnt consult me when tinting...she just went for it and didnt even tell me about it.

But i would get 25% on the sides, i dont know about front and back since i believe australia banned tinting in da front and back?? only the brow can be done??