Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
V70R_Blackbrick

Drives: Volvo V70R AWD
Free Projectors or LED tails for 1 Yaris 4d + 1 Yaris 2d in SoCal

Hey all-

my name's Nick- I'm a Volvo enthusiast myself, but do rather fancy the Yaris.

I work for an automotive lighting company making how-to instructional videos explaining how to install the products my company makes. I am not selling anything, nor am I allowed to do such - the company is wholesale only and I'm not trying to become a vendor or anything cos I'm not authorized for that. I'm just trying to make a how-to video.

What I can tell you, however, is that

I need BOTH a 2007-09 Toyota Yaris Sedan and a 2006-08 Toyota Yaris 2-Door

to appear in one of my videos- and in exchange for letting us demonstrate the install on your car, you get to keep your choice of either projector headlights or LED tails (it's one or the other, unfortunately). Headlights on the Yaris require removing the front fascia (easily done and doesn't hurt the car) which means that a bodykit or lip will make it slightly more complicated.

What I am looking for:
CLEAN cars. No serious dents or paint peel or scratches. It needs to look good on camera from 10 feet away. Mostly stock is ideal, but modded is okay too.
Cars at stock ride height are preferred as lowered cars make it hard to get access to the wheel well (meaning if you are stanced, unfortunately I can't help) You also need to be able to come to the City of Industry, CA office for a 5-6 hours while we shoot the install. You can also drop off the car here and pick it up at the end of the day - I recommend bringing an iPad or book if you plan to hang out.

Thank you guys for letting me post this and reach out here, as I'd love to help out another enthusiast that'll appreciate the free product, and again, I need both 2 door and 4 door so that means 2 cars will receive product. It's first come first serve.

If you're interested, shoot an email with front/rear photos of your Yaris to my scheduling team at RobertT@spyderauto.com along with your contact info and days of the week you're available, and your preference for headlights and taillight (black or chrome housing for headlights, clear, black or red clear for tails)

Thank you for reading!
-Nick, Videographer for "a lighting company"
V70R_Blackbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Drives: 2011 Toyota Vios
I would love to do this but I live in FLA. My car is to its peak clean for a daily... I wished I lived on the west coast.
HANZO_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
damn, I was just in socal around that area! can I send you my headlights? lol. I can record a video on how to remove the front end on a 2013 hatch! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
does it mean there will be new products for the existing sedan (what i have) and the hatch? wow. Way to go Spyder auto!
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ looks that way.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
It's a good idea, there's already a huge number of Yarises out there, and as newer cars come out the older yarises will be sold second hand (or passed down) to a younger generation potentially interested in modifcation
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #7
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Drives: 2011 Toyota Vios
I was actually interested in buying those Spyder projector head lights. I love the style of the black ones but I got the 2011 Sedan. I'm excited to see what these will look like!! Hope some one from So. Cal chimes in soon to help these guys at Spyder out.
HANZO_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
V70R_Blackbrick

still no luck.
I have previously shot how to install headlights and tail lights on a sedan but it's really low res (just 480p) and edited with iMovie, whereas now I do everything in Final Cut and have a much nicer DSLR to work with rather than a camcorder.

Keep me posted as I really need a Yaris!

Cheers,
Nick
Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
What does the projector and LED lights look like, many of us like to see before giving away our cars
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
V70R_Blackbrick

sure; that's a reasonable question

Projectors for 3-door models (avail in black or chrome housings)

projectors for 4-door models (available in black or chrome housing)

LED tail lights for 3-door models (available in black housing or chrome)

LED tail lights for 4-door models (available in red clear [shown], black housing or chrome)

Alternately, if you don't like any of these, some financial compensation is also an option but just keeping the lights is of greater value to you and easier for us (and you take home your OEM lights etc, in case you are wondering)

I'm really having trouble finding a good Yaris 3dr hatch or 4dr sedan in the year ranges I need.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
If I wasn't up here (or if I had a vacation down in LA), I would have came in for the taillights for the sedan.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
those are sick. i was wondering why you needed specific models AFAIK all 07-12 sedans had the same taillights in the States. (unlike here in Manila where the taillights and grill changed by 2010-present)

wish i could ship my car from Manila for those taillights AND headlights.

jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
If CA wasn't so far away I'd be down for the tails too.

Just curious, do your projectors use standard D2S or H1 bulbs? I just did a retrofit to some Morimoto Minis so I'm good, but I'd be interested to see if they used the Chinese G# style bulbs or the standard ones.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
those are sick. i was wondering why you needed specific models AFAIK all 07-12 sedans had the same taillights in the States.

I would think that he is attempting to streamline his install videos as well as the fact that as he stated he would like to have better clarity with the videos as he edits them. Also, it is always nicer to be able to present a video that has the same car for both front and rear for continuity sake I would think from a marketing perspective. I installed the LED tails myself and they have performed very well for me. Think I have had them on the car now for going on 2 years, but might only be one. Either way they were an easy and simple installation.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
V70R_Blackbrick

well, I want to reshoot Yaris sedan headlights and tail lights because I've gotten better at editing and want my portfolio of work look neat and consistent and in retrospect I'm a little embarrassed by the early work I did and want to do it again but to my current standards.

I don't need a specific trim level or anything - I need the two totally different body style Yarises

We never shot one for any 3-door Yarises, though.

I can give away either heads or tails to one of each car cos they don't let me give away both headlights -and- taillights for the same car

Last edited by V70R_Blackbrick; 08-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
V70R_Blackbrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
If CA wasn't so far away I'd be down for the tails too.

Just curious, do your projectors use standard D2S or H1 bulbs? I just did a retrofit to some Morimoto Minis so I'm good, but I'd be interested to see if they used the Chinese G# style bulbs or the standard ones.
They don't use D2S unless it's an OEM HID car, in which case, most of the time, the HID system itself is actually transferred between old headlight and new (yes it's a pain)

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited by V70R_Blackbrick; 08-27-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
V70R_Blackbrick

Thanks to Marco for bringing his 3-door Yaris in the other day, but I'm still looking for a Yaris sedan.

Check out the videos we made here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXf052JInqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKgYuZr4zbM

So if you have a Yaris Sedan (preferrably with the OEM bumper) and can come to Industry, please shoot me a line.

Cheers.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #18
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Damn in FL and im stanced... immeditae DQ lol

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote