Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
quemaculo
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2006 / D4-D
AUX connector for Yaris 2006

Hello there

I am a happy owner of Yaris 2006 1.4 Diesel. First of all, I know that this model is not offered in the US, however here goes nothing, perhaps you can help me with my problem.

Anyways, the story goes like this:

Yesterday I went to buy a music CD and left the store with a TomTom 910, the main reason I made my mind up with this model was because of its 20GB storage space and its Bluetooth External Speaker function, great scott I thought!, I can upload all my mp3 and listen to them in my car using the car's Bluetooh kit, that is cars speakers.

In short, it didnt work as it seems that the TomTom 910 uses a Bluetooth Service called "Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) version 1.0", which the Toyota's Bluetooth doesnt have but a "Bluetooth hands-free 0.96 and 1.0 profile" compatible service, and either does my Bluetooth USB connector on my PC, so in short, it seems I am screwed.

Anyways, till now the only thing I could think of is is connecting my TT 910 to the car via an AUX (which the Yaris/2006 in Switzerland DOES NOT have, so tear down the dashboard and doing some nasty things which I do not feel comfortable doing without some guidelines from the experts ... that is you guys

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
quemaculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
i dunno how good availability is for purchasing new stereo head units, but here in the US many now come with aux jacks built right in the unit itself (i had one a few years ago in my honda civic and it was a cheap $100 stereo). thats too bad the bluetooth doesn't work! i wish we had bluetooth here, aux jacks are just finally becoming popular when there are much better means of communicating available (i.e. bluetooth...when it works obviously!)
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote