Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Help - Rainy Driving / Fog Lights

I don't mean "how to drive in the rain" - I already know how, and have even autoX'd in the rain.

I'm looking into doing a road trip from Southern California, the the NW part of California, specifically, Redwoods National Park. The trip is being planned for the end of November. As such, I'm expecting lots of rain (and fog in some areas).

My concern is being able to see during these foggy and rainy conditions. I don't have fog lamps, HIDs, or anything fancy (not yet).

I'm curious and wanting to hear from people who regularly drive in remote areas with rain and fog.

I don't want a cheap set of ebay Fog lights if they're going to be completely useless.

Is it better to have the yellow fog lights over the clear ones?

Would projector style headlights be good, or not?

All I know for sure is that using high-beams in fog sucks, as it just reflects back onto the driver.

Any help is appreciated.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote