Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Talking Yaris Revenge Test Drive's a Manual LB...

...and is SOLD!

Okay, not entirely. I didn't actually buy it, but I DID love it. Feels like a whole different beastie when compared to the auto liftback I drove several months back (which I hated, BTW).

One thing that really surprised me was just how funky the clutch action was. I'm definitely no stranger to manual transmissions, but I was having a hard time figuring out when the clutch was actually going to engage. There was VERY little tactile feedback, and the little engine is so quiet, and there's no tach! Lots of revving in first gear waiting for it to grab. I'm sure I'd get the hang of it eventually, it just behaved much differently than anything I've driven before.

But holy crap I've missed driving a stick shift! That was fun! Unfortunately I only got to put like 2 miles on it.... freakin' short test drive.

I wasn't really interested in this one because: 1.) No side air bags, 2.) Don't think it had ABS, 3.) Not really the color I had in mind. It was white, and that comes 3rd on my color prefs (behind red and blue). There was also a funky little "wobble" just above the hood emblem that was only visible because it had been raining and was sunny. I think it may have been bumped in the front at some point (had 3k on the odo).

The salesperson was awesome. She was very laid back, not pushy one bit, and not one time did she offer up any goofy sales tactics. She answered my questions and was very interested to learn anything new about the Yaris (thanks to you guys, I know more than the sales people around here ). I'll definitely be looking her up again when the time comes.

Anyway, I was very impressed with the little car, and I want one. Need to sit down with the wife and make up a time line I guess... I'll need to sell my Vibe beforehand (KBB value ~$6k+, doubt they'll give me that on trade!).

~YR

EDIT: why did I put an apostrophe in the title??? Oh well...
Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
CongratulatioN!!!!
Put an alarm on it!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Sounds like you had a blast! Not to rain on your parade but I don't think you'll find a Yaris hatch with side airbags (Don't offer it in the U.S.) and ABS, maybe ABS but not so much side airbags. Anyway I wish you luck! Keep us posted!!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Have both on our stick-shift LB. My sister does on her's, too, although it has an A/T.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I think side airbags weren't initially offered, but it's listed as an option now on the Toyota USA website, and the salesperson made it sound like it was available. That, and the fact 60 Something's seen two of them with side air (thanks for the confirmation!).

~YR