Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #19
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
My coolant has been green since the day i bought the car,as for 33k miles on the pump something aint right as My previous Echo went 220,000 and still had the original WP when i sold it,my current Echo has 120,000 with original WP says the previous owner and just turned 60k with no WP issues on the Yaris ,in fact asking around the factory no one who owns a Toyota has ever changed a water pumpcould the shaft be a little bent and be causing premature bearing failure on your particular engine?
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #20
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I don't know what colour the stock coolant was on my car as I'm the third owned but I put in some yellow (I think) coolant and mine sprayed pink as well.. what the hell?
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
huh , maybe they ran out the pinkish / redish coolant at the factory and went to nearest WAL-MART and got the green coolant since they were out of the original coolant .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #22
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
My WP just gone!!!
I was checking my spark plugs and I noticed some small splash on the hood and also at the pump, I started playing with pump and I was able to perceive some “play” at the Shaft, it’s clear that my WP is not going to get any better, my Yaris has 56k and still stock, I never thought that this was going to happen so soon! I hope the warranty take care of it.
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #23
barebonedvitz
return of the comeback

Drives: white '08LB..very nice,i like
wow... i'm weirded out by this... i'm at 158,xxx and i have no problems with it whatsoever... but i know i'm pretty much due for a new one though... any deals out there?

93 Civic Si- SC/B18B1 - street beast
07 Red/BlackTop Yaris LB - died in a sandwich in 2010@168K.
08 White Yaris LB - daily beatnut...round 2!
barebonedvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty View Post
The dry residue left by the water pump is not from a faulty water pump it has to do with the super long life coolant Toyota uses. It appears that the coolant can cause this condition from time to time and is considered normal.
Uh, NO!
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #25
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
How long does it take to have a toyota dealer fix/replace a water pump?
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #26
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty View Post
The dry residue left by the water pump is not from a faulty water pump it has to do with the super long life coolant Toyota uses. It appears that the coolant can cause this condition from time to time and is considered normal.
YEAH, it comes from the spot down by the headlight blinker fluid....

FYI: almost ALL of toyota's water pumps are leaking. from camry's to our yaris we see at least 4/5 a day.....
Old 05-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #27
dushanm

Drives: Yaris T1
howsit dudes

i recently had my car in at Toyota to check out my shock mounts etc.. i chatted to a mac from the workshop ,i asked him whats the most common fault on the yaris... guess what was the answer.. yes you got that right , the water-pump

he told me that the yaris from 2006 - 2008 had a factory fault on some of the water pumps.
dushanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #28
OtownYaris

Drives: Meteorite Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to OtownYaris Send a message via Yahoo to OtownYaris
I had my water pump replaced @ 33K for the same exact issue. Sprayed all over the hood. Car still ran fine though and they fixed it under warranty. Funny thing is they said they never see that happen on the Yaris. Oh well.
OtownYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #29
Lucas13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooverstone8 View Post
How long does it take to have a toyota dealer fix/replace a water pump?
I took them about 5 hours and a bunch of scratches on my engine bay by the water pump. Yesterday when I was checking the replace of the water pump to see if it was done right and to check for leaks, I noticed that there is an oil leak coming from the gear box, it might be the Input shaft seal, I was able to smell the gear oil, the left axle seal has been replaced already, at this point the relation with my Yaris is between Love and Hate

Here is a list of things going wrong

-Seats Repaired with no good results (I ended fixing it myself)
-Mid exhaust section Replaced because of the sulfur smell
-Axle seal leaking
-Water pump
-Input shaft seal just started leaking (this might be the reason of the gearbox going early)
-Suspension noises all the way
-Still “enjoying” the stinky A/C smell

I hate that all this has happened to it cuz I really like the yaris but I don’t want to keep repairing this thing over and over, specially know that my warranty is almost expired.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #30
Hershey

doesn't help your trade in value either . I believe all those repairs are kept on record . So , that TOYO dealer or possibly others might be able to look those issues up and give a lesser trade . Hope you have better luck .
Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #31
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas13 View Post
I took them about 5 hours and a bunch of scratches on my engine bay by the water pump. Yesterday when I was checking the replace of the water pump to see if it was done right and to check for leaks, I noticed that there is an oil leak coming from the gear box, it might be the Input shaft seal, I was able to smell the gear oil, the left axle seal has been replaced already, at this point the relation with my Yaris is between Love and Hate

Here is a list of things going wrong

-Seats Repaired with no good results (I ended fixing it myself)
-Mid exhaust section Replaced because of the sulfur smell
-Axle seal leaking
-Water pump
-Input shaft seal just started leaking (this might be the reason of the gearbox going early)
-Suspension noises all the way
-Still “enjoying” the stinky A/C smell

I hate that all this has happened to it cuz I really like the yaris but I don’t want to keep repairing this thing over and over, specially know that my warranty is almost expired.
WHILE that pipe was being replaced under warranty WHY didn't they do the a/c tsb???
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #32
Lucas13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
doesn't help your trade in value either . I believe all those repairs are kept on record . So , that TOYO dealer or possibly others might be able to look those issues up and give a lesser trade . Hope you have better luck .
Yeah you are right, that should decrease the value of the car, Today I asked for a report of the visits of the car to the dealer and they are 22 so far that's only for repairs, since I do my own service, so im pretty sure that that counts, even for the next owner It will be a "nice" surprise to find out that many repairs.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #33
Lucas13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
WHILE that pipe was being replaced under warranty WHY didn't they do the a/c tsb???
I found out about the tsb of the A/C when the Yari was already 43k I had no idea that toyota had a solution already in place
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #34
Hershey

wonder if trading it in for a FORD ( for Fiesta ? ) , MAZDA ( for a 2 ? ) , or other competitors vehicles would show up those fixes ?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #35
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
My Saturn 1996 SL2 water pump gone bad. Im just wondering if someone know where to buy a cheap water pump. My yaris is ok its been 70,000 miles and no problem on any parts.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #36
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
YEAH, it comes from the spot down by the headlight blinker fluid....

FYI: almost ALL of toyota's water pumps are leaking. from camry's to our yaris we see at least 4/5 a day.....

Headlight blinker fluid?????
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote