Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
hamdoen

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2007
HELP - Swap ECU to activate Cruise Control, Engine Shaking

My car is Toyota Vios (Yaris sedan for markets in the Asia-Pacific)
I replaced the Vios ECU (89661-ODA50) with the YARIS ECU (89661-52E90)

Finally I was able to install cruise control on my car, which actually did not have an ECU that supported cruise control.
I bought USDM Yaris ECU from ebay and installed it. There are several additional cables to activate CC.

Features in the car function normally (air bag, door lock, alarm, ABS, etc). But there are some issues caused by differences in specifications on the emission system, and the engine shakes when idle and A / C coupling are active (RPM sometimes below 500)
engine shake video

There are 2 error codes:
P0031 = Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Low Input (Bank 1, Sensor 1) After I looked at the Yaris USDM repair manual, I found different specifications in the sensor resistance and different part numbers.
P0453 = Evaporative Control Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input. In my opinion this is because the Toyota Vios does not have an Evap Pressure Sensor under the car.

But of all that is most disturbing is the engine shake when the A / C clutch is active.

I am curious, is this normal if the RPM drops to 500 when the A / C is active and causes the engine to shake?
And can it be fixed?

Thanks,
hamdoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
How much have you driven the car since you installed it? When you remove power to the ECU there is a "learning" phase once it regains power where the car will run rough for a while. I normally go for a 20-30 minute drive afterwards and everything smooths out.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
hamdoen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
How much have you driven the car since you installed it? When you remove power to the ECU there is a "learning" phase once it regains power where the car will run rough for a while. I normally go for a 20-30 minute drive afterwards and everything smooths out.
several days. maybe around 100 miles. But showed no improvement
Old 04-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Did you 100% verify pin compatibility from the OEM wiring diagrams? It's possible that the version of ECU you put in doesn't match, or is only compatible with specific production dates.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:28 PM   #5
hamdoen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Did you 100% verify pin compatibility from the OEM wiring diagrams? It's possible that the version of ECU you put in doesn't match, or is only compatible with specific production dates.
I do use a different ECU part number.
But I have matched the pin out wire of the new ECU with the old ECU.