Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Question Rear wheel brakes adjustment ?

Hi all.

Since I've owned my car, I notice sometimes at low speed ie. when pulling out of garage, there is a humming noise from the rear wheels.

Today I went to my friend house who has a jack. We lifted the front and rear and found that the wheels seem to be braked even with handbrake fully released. So that humming noise is due to some slight braking applied on it. Both rear wheels don't spin as free as the front ones do.

Is this normal ? I took a close look with a flash light and saw the pads are touching the discs. Is there any adjustment for this ?

cheers
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, noise