Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-11-2022, 09:06 PM   #1
Hiro

Drives: 2007 Hatchback Auto
No crank non-starter/solenoid issue Help PLZ

Went into a ditch then have let the car sit ever since, the car hasn't run for a year now. I don't know if I turned it over at all after the wreck at all which doesn't help to know if something was damaged then.

I hit the ground and a big log pretty hard but other than the bumper and radiator things look good. The shift lever on front of transmission was bent and shift cable broke off lever, after bending it back I am able to move it into park but with no change to start condition.

I know there are probably several things that could cause this, here is what I have done so far...

New battery and no crank or click, engine does crank when supplying 12 volts directly to solenoid terminal (small signal wire).

Tested shift lever neutral safety switch, terminals have continuity when in park position and non otherwise so looks functional to me.

Tried starting with shift lever in park/neutral positions and with brake on.

Checked fuses ( I think i found them all).

Checked Starter and Ignition Relay they are good.

Any help would be appreciated, it would really be nice to get my Yaris going again to save money on gas.

Thanks in advance,
Hiro.

Pictures of how the car looks now and of transmission shift lever/neutral safety switch:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torn appart.JPG (34.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Transmision shift lever.JPG (41.0 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Hiro; 01-12-2022 at 01:22 AM.
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:43 PM   #2
alanwagen

Drives: 2015Yaris, Son's car, 10 Prius
Engine may be locked up.
alanwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #3
Hiro

Engine seams fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwagen View Post
Engine may be locked up.
Engine is fine. I don't have power going to starter, engine cranks when i give it power directly.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:10 AM   #4
Hiro

After replacing the broken shift cable it started right up, I think that the shift lever was not going all the way into position.