Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2022, 01:51 PM   #1
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
Mr wedgie

my wife bought this lil guy NEW, she wanted the manual RS, but canada was having a huge shortage of em, and to get what she wanted was going to be a 6month+ wait...it was either this or a "fit".......she atleast managed to find a dealer on the island that had the blazing blue she loved..and promptly name him "mr wedgie"

so shes the original owner, its a ZERO options car, manual windows no ac just power mirrors and locks, but i tell you what the lil stock engine is way too spunky...so i cant help but think the canadians either got better gearing or a slightly beefier engine

about 8 years back when i imported her and the car out of canada, the OE tires were on their last miles, and i knew i had a vintage set of wheels on the shelf..something id been sitting on since 92/93..that has NEVER fit anything i owned..they were take off from a friends moms car and were in boxes...they fit the yaris..FLUSH with the body(atleast up front) so they went on

fastforward to xmas, ive been in a slump since losing my mother to cancer and couldnt really think..but remembered my wife always wished mr wedgie was an RS so i set to hunting ....i managed to get a solid start

the deck wing was HELL it showed up a primer train wreck, it needed more work than it was worth...and eventualy i got a refund..it shrank while working it and required to be heated back up and re-formed at the ends, in the end its perfect now...but i slaved over it from early dec to mid jan

the chins..were suposed to fit..and required me making some plates...i wasnt sold on the look initialy but i gotta say..its growing on me fast..and theres less "lift" on the nose at speeds so...they are working, wife loves em sooo thats all that matters

RS badges ordered from japan..the rear was a no brainer..the front i carved an abs plastic backing and "studs" so i could bolt it to the OE grill

the wheels are "empco" and stamped 1987...never heard of empco? they were bought and merged into falken tires in 91 so that falken would have a foothold
rear spoiler is off ebay
front chins ebay as well
the vent shades are AVS in channels fronts are pisspoor fitting 3dr units that i modded, rears are sedan rears cut to fit
genuine toyota rs badges
fresh repolished headlights
HID kit
aftermarket glass oe style foglights

before someone screams about it needing lowered...i couldnt agree more..HOWEVER were doing delivery's..mostly for amazon and making good money out of it with mr wedgie averaging 38+mpg....and weve already scrapped the chins out once at this height...so...lowering isnt really an option especialy with the gravel road/driveway runs we see now n then..

however side skirts are on the find list..if anyone can point me in a good direction

if theres any intrest il toss up the progress shots of what it took to mount the chins as well as the work that went into the wing and rs grill emblem

sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

oh right...can anyone point me at WTF goes here?

Old 01-30-2022, 02:04 PM   #3
sh0rtlife

also did a back seat delete, 1/8th inch plate aluminum with a mild steel frame, bolted to the oe rear seat bottom pedestal...can be removed in under 2 mins..its sound and heat shielded from the bottom and ready for carpet..ive yet to order any as ive been tooooooo busy

also did another great mod..with the extra ports by the e-brake, 1 has a switch and it gives power to 2 "bucks" then it gives power out to a double usb jack in another one of the empty ports withthe other buck providing 2 usb extension cords 1 to the drivers side glove box the other to the passenger side, charging for 4 devices at max amps

Old 01-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #4
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Canucks got the same C50/U340E - 1NZ-FE combo that the US got. Its probably your butt dyno.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 03:31 PM   #5
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch9521 View Post
Canucks got the same C50/U340E - 1NZ-FE combo that the US got. Its probably your butt dyno.
but was the final drive different per region?..i know that can/does happen for some markets to make a car more usefull in specific areas and to keep the MPG where it should be, more common in a manual trans for sure, i mean how many combos is there for the c50 5? not counting the ring/pinion
Old 01-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #6
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
but was the final drive different per region?..i know that can/does happen for some markets to make a car more usefull in specific areas and to keep the MPG where it should be, more common in a manual trans for sure, i mean how many combos is there for the c50 5? not counting the ring/pinion
3.722 was the final drive in the C50(manual) cars.

There were other final drives available in other cars but all Yaris' got the 3.72FD in the US/Canada.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote