Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-28-2021, 03:10 AM   #1
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
Rear hatch lock is jammed. How to fix?

For the past few years actually the actual lock and push button on the rear hatchback of my 2007 Yaris has been jammed. I'm unable to lock or unlock it manually or with my key fob. It is just in a permanently locked state. How I have been accessing the hatchback is with a piece of paracord tied to the internal latch of the door pulled out to the side which I just tug on it and it will undo the latch from the inside. I then tuck this piece of paracord in between the panel gaps so you can't see it so it's not obvious that you can open the door with the piece of paracord.

I would like to finally fix this lock and after looking at some parts lists I can't really figure out how to fix this. I've tried lubricating the lock from the inside and the outside but it doesn't work It seems to just be completely jammed up.

Has anyone on this forum replaced this lock and if so how did you do it? The only part I've seen for this hatchback is a complete mechanism with the lock itself along with the internal electronic actuator and the piece costs around $300 which is ridiculous to me.

Has anyone done this? Thank you
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote