Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #253
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I'll be looking at it again tomorrow.

So if I take a wire like say a paperclip and stick it into the back of the module connector to connect the white wire to a white/black (ground) wire I should see the parking lights switch on correct? I just want to clarify before I go about troubleshooting it tomorrow

Fwiw, the power shut off during start up was due to my not tightening the negative terminal when trying to start it. This caused no issue during light power load but during heav load such as the starter it caused a short and powered everything off.

Same issue is seen with the corroded negative terminal or wire.
Correct.

That makes sense on the power-off.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #254
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I disconnected the white connector from the module and stuck a paper clip in the H1/10 and the H1/3 which is a ground for the dome light. Sure enough the parking lights (front and rear) went on.

So I'm assuming that this means that my wiring and taps are obviously fine but there is an issue with the viper module not grounding the parking lights? I'm going to read the instructions and see if I only need a new module that I can then program my fob's to or if that is not possible and I need a module with new fob's as well.

Any other possibilities or things that I could do to fix this? I'm hoping the ebay seller will send me a module free of charge but if this is something that I can fix fairly easy myself to get the module to ground properly then I'd rather just do it myself and save waiting for a new module.

CTScott do you know of a way to fix the module to properly ground?
Old 12-31-2015, 03:05 PM   #255
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I disconnected the white connector from the module and stuck a paper clip in the H1/10 and the H1/3 which is a ground for the dome light. Sure enough the parking lights (front and rear) went on.

So I'm assuming that this means that my wiring and taps are obviously fine but there is an issue with the viper module not grounding the parking lights? I'm going to read the instructions and see if I only need a new module that I can then program my fob's to or if that is not possible and I need a module with new fob's as well.

Any other possibilities or things that I could do to fix this? I'm hoping the ebay seller will send me a module free of charge but if this is something that I can fix fairly easy myself to get the module to ground properly then I'd rather just do it myself and save waiting for a new module.

CTScott do you know of a way to fix the module to properly ground?
Viper's quality has seriously gone down hill (in my opinion). I installed a Viper 2 way system last year for my sister and it took three units before everything worked.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:41 PM   #256
tmontague

Wow, that's pretty brutal. I just heard back from the seller and he is sending me a whole unit free of charge.

The only down side is the long drive to the border to pick it up. Fingers crossed that everything works okay and it is fully functional.

I plan on making a diy for the keyless entry with some of the info you posted if you're okay with that?

I just figured it's easier for others if all the info is piled in one post versus a fe different sources.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #257
advmedic

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
So this is weird... I just got my remote keyless Valet 712t and looking at the main 18 pin connector, the labels on the plastic connector, and the colors of the wires is reversed. In other words: where it's labeled as pin 1, I have a red/white wire. Pin 10 is the violet and pin 18 is the red (hot) wire. So is the connector mislabeled or are the wires in the wrong places? Looking at the connector with the clip UP, I have pin 1 in lower right hand and wire is red/white. pin 18 in upper left and wire is red and pin 9 in lower left with white wire. Please help :)
advmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #258
tmontague

*EDIT*

Just solved the problem. I somehow missed the small note in the instructions to move the light flash jumper (15A fuse in the module) to the other position. I caught on to this when I dissected the old module and noticed that the connectors on the motherboard from the parking light flash led to that fuse. Something so simple. I'll add it to my DIY

Just received my new module that was sent to me after wasting 3 hrs driving to the border to get it.

It also has the same problem with not grounding the parking lights. I re checked my wiring by jumping it to a negative and the parking lights go on.

CTScott do you have any ideas before I email the seller and rip him a new one for sending me 2 defective modules and wasting my time?
Is it possible that I need to connect to the positive wire for the parking lights as the module is not meant to ground but to supply power?

I just took a look at the module and there are 3 female prongs ofr the 15A fuse that is in the module. Meaning that it has 2 positions that the fuse can be in. I took apart my old module and I'm wondering if I should move the fuse on the module and see if that fixes it?

Last edited by tmontague; 01-05-2016 at 05:01 PM.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #259
maral01

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Hi everyone,

Got a bit of a remote starter mystery here. I have just installed a Viper 5501 2 way remote start system in my 2009 Yaris hb. Alongside, I installed a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module. My car is a manual and the "brain" haa been programmed accordingly. I've also connected a relay as a bypass for the clutch (bypass activated when the remote starter engages).

Here is the problem: I successfully do the MTS procedure prior to exiting the car and no issues, the vehicle remains on until I shut it off with the remote. When I go to start it back up, all it does is crank the starter but the engine won't start. I tried unplugging the immobilizer bypass module and leaving the key in the ignition to remote start it but no success. I doubled, even triple checked all connections and everything is fine. I also checked all my heavy gauge wires to ensure that all of them had voltage during the startup sequence and I confirmed that everything is fine there.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue before? I am really scratching my head on this one....

Update @ 2130hrs: The vehicle will start when I put the key at the "on" position after I pressed on the remote starter button.... If I just leave the key at the off position while trying to remote start, the starter will still crank only, can't get the engine to fire up. Almost sure it must be something with the heavy gauge wiring.... Any ideas?

Last edited by maral01; 10-25-2016 at 09:31 PM.
maral01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #260
Daemynz

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
First of all, sorry for reviving this thread. Was looking into getting a keyless entry system for my base 2010 automatic sedan along with power locks and trunk, as I really miss the power locks from my previous car. Tried Best Buy but they said they could not do it.

Don't really care for remote start, so was looking at the A1 AVI-2101 keyless entry system (https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2...Code=W02C-712T).

So a few questions regarding this system, sorry if they're dumb:
1) Would the remotes have a trunk button? I've seen the Viper 4105V system has an auxillary button where I'm assuming a trunk unlock can be used.

2) When ordering the Trunk Release Solenoid Kit from A1, what is the accessory relay? Also, do I need it?

3) Are there any DIY's involving installing power locks? I'm not really mechanically inclined (did put in a radio, except for the wiring, lol)

4) Unrelated, but: For the cruise control, were there any tricks to getting the #30 torx screws of the steering wheel out? Have had absolutely no luck with them

Cheers :) and thanks for any answers
Daemynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #261
govtec

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Hey guys,

I just finished wiring up Clifford 4105x remote start with door lock/unlock in an automatic 07 Hatch with power doors/windows and no immobilizer. Only the door lock/unlock responds to the clifford remote. I can't seem to get remote start/horn/parking lights to work. Any advice?...I wired the system as per the wiring diagram posted by CTScott. I also did the tach learning steps after the installation.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0979.JPG (241.3 KB, 222 views)
govtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #262
Wilkins
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by govtec View Post
Hey guys,

I just finished wiring up Clifford 4105x remote start with door lock/unlock in an automatic 07 Hatch with power doors/windows and no immobilizer. Only the door lock/unlock responds to the clifford remote. I can't seem to get remote start/horn/parking lights to work. Any advice?...I wired the system as per the wiring diagram posted by CTScott. I also did the tach learning steps after the installation.

Thanks
Hi Govtec, i am having the same problem as you. Have you had any luck?
Wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #263
lorr08yaris

Drives: 08 yaris
new to autostart - prostart ct-3271

hi all
i just read most of this 15 page thread. so i'm trying to install a prostart ct-3271 in my wife's 08 yaris. the key has lock/unlock and panic button and with engine immobilizer. the noob question is. what is the minimum wiring i need to connect to get the car to start without hooking up the heater/ac or lock/unlock?
- i understand i need transponder key bypass module
- do i need to connect parking lights or any other lights?
- do i need a separate relay for 2nd ignition?

thanks
lorr08yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #264
mr_robot

You don't need to hook it up to the HVAC at all.

Connecting the parking lights is optional, it's just too give you visual confirmation.

The bypass module should handle the ignition and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mr_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #265
lorr08yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
You don't need to hook it up to the HVAC at all.

Connecting the parking lights is optional, it's just too give you visual confirmation.

The bypass module should handle the ignition and all.

Thx
How bout the 2nd ingition, do I need to connect?
Old 01-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #266
mr_robot

Yes the Yaris has ignition 1 & 2 respectively.

mr_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #267
lorr08yaris

engine cranks but not start

hi,
i tried posting a long post with few link attachment and waiting for admin to approve it... to make a long story short

i install a prostart ct-3271 with dball2 bypass module but not till testing that i realized that the dball2 is not getting power.

but with the ct-3271 alone the car will crank but will not start even with the key in the ignition.

i followed ctscott diy wiring including the green wire as ignition1

also followed 08yarissedan wiring from his other thread "another remote starter question"

6 Pin main ignition harness:
A - Red 12v to Under dash fuse panel via spade connection
B - Purple starter output to CONN D8, Pin 7 on Yaris
C - Red 12v to Under dash fuse panel via spade connection
D - Yellow Ignition Output to CONN D8, Pin 1 on yaris
E - Orange Accessories output to CONN D8 Pin 2 on yaris
F - Green 5th relay output to CONN D* Pin 6 on yaris

5 pin secondary harness
1 - Black ground to ground location on yaris
2 - Purple tach input to OBD Connector D15 Pin 9 on yaris
3- Gray hood switch
4 - Orange brake switch to top of brake pedal arm CONN A13, Pin 1
5 - Yellow parking light (+ve) to under dash fuse panel CONN 4A, Pin 29

i just got a replacement for dball2 and will be trying it tonight. just wondering why it wont even start with the key in the ignition?

thanks
Old 01-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #268
scotttheis

Hello friends,

I've recently tried to follow the install instructions for my 2007 Yaris (No Engine Immobilizer) with the Ultra Start 1155.
It does nothing. Does this thread still have anyone who can help?

I've connected my cables as follows:

I connected the 1155 Yellow Starter cable to the Black Yaris Starter cable
I connected the 1155 Green Heater cable to the Pink Yaris Ignition 2 cable
I connected both 1155 Red Power cables to the Power Connection in the Yaris
I connected the 1155 White Jumper Selectable Cable to the White Yaris Accessory Cable
I connected the 1155 Blue Ignition 1 Cable to the Green Yaris Ignition cable

I connected the 1155 Purple Positive Start Trigger to the Brown Yaris Door Lock Cable then I switched it to the Green Doors Unlock Cable
I connected the 1155 White Park Lights Cable to the Green Yaris Parking Light Flash +Pulse
I connected the 1155 Black Ground cable to the Yaris Chassis Ground
I connected the 1155 Pink Brake Lights Cable to the Green Yaris Brake Switch Cable
I connected the 1155 Blue/White Tach Detection Cable to the Beige Tachometer Signal cable.
I connected the 1155 Green Door Lock Cable to the Brown Yaris Doors Lock Cable
I connected the 1155 Blue Door Unlock Cable to the Green Yaris Doors Unlock Cable (Same as the Start Trigger)

All other cables were not connected.

Help...
scotttheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #269
scotttheis

Anyone?...
scotttheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:08 PM   #270
Mrdea321

Drives: Vitz 2006
I have converted my key yaris to push start and keyless entry.everyhting is working fine just my door sensor are not sensing the remote please help with diagrams.doors are opening with remote lock unlock button.but door sensors on handle are not detecting the remote.may be wiring issue.pleas any one can show me wiring pattern of doors
Mrdea321 is offline   Reply With Quote