Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
heistp

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.3hb
is iPod possible in European type 1 radio?

I have a 2007 Yaris in Czech Republic with the type 1 radio (i.e. no mp3 support). It does not have a factory installed aux input jack. I am wondering if it's still possible to get an aux input jack or an iPod adapter with this head unit. I haven't taken the unit out to know if it has an available port, but seeing as how the mode options are "TEXT, AM, FM and DISC" I'm not sure if it's possible...
heistp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
lefti696

Drives: yaris 1.3
i'm also wondering if it is possible to connect my mp3 player for that radio. or how i can do aux input myself ?
lefti696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
heistp

Attached is a pdf sent from Toyota containing installation instructions for an iPod adapter. According to them, this adapter will work with any Yaris with model code **P90*-****KW (this model code is located in your technical passport, and * means any character in that position is OK). According to them, it does not matter if you have the type 1 or type 2 radio as long as your model code meets this pattern. I'll post again after I try to get this adapter installed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iPod_PZ473_00261_00_AIM_000877_0.pdf (868.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
lefti696

Drives: yaris 1.3
thanks for that pdf file. it even has polish translation ;p
do you know how much does that adapter cost ?
im waiting for more info when you will have adapter installed.
lefti696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
heistp

more info

I also received the user's manual and page showing the controls, which is attached. One thing I see is that it appears there is no way to directly select artist / album, but you have to select from playlists. I was also hoping that there was a secondary aux input with mini jack, but it doesn't seem to have it. The quote is around 4800 Czech Crowns (usd$233) for the part, and perhaps another 1000 crowns for installation. I'm looking closely at the USA SPEC PA-12 TOY (http://www.usaspec.com/ipod.html) as it is usd$190, has an extra aux input and offers both playlist and direct mode. Trying to get more literature from the manufacturer...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EN_ipod_UM_4.pdf (88.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: pdf englishver.tabe.pdf (78.5 KB, 26 views)