Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Energiser
Oh, Shiny...

Drives: 2005 Toyota Yaris YR
Planning for the Next Mod

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a couple of cosmetic mods I could do to my old Yaris. Haven't done anything since wheels back in 08.

I'd like to get the YRX front and side kits (looking at ruimond's, I'm not too fussed about doing anything at the rear... although maybe a spoiler in the future), and blacking out the plastic in the lower center grill on the front, as in the 09-10 facelifted models.

First, what do you all reckon?

Second, has anyone actually blacked out that section on an older model? (I've seen it mentioned, but no pics)

Finally, does anyone know part numbers for either the older YRX lip kits, and/or the entire bumper? Or am I better off trying to source the parts from somewhere other than the dealer?

Regards,
Energiser
Energiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Thanks for giving me a mention. But only my front lip is the YRX one. My side are the RS side skirts. As the YRX ones look thinner and different.

Blacked out bottom center grill has been done by queit a few people, there are actually alot of pics around. But i found this one with the red Yaris, which kinda gives you the idea of the Red with it since yours is Red.

Not sure what the part numbers are, but your probably better off buying it from a bodykit shop as a aftermarket kit. It will be cheaper and look the same. But if you prefer genuine go to your local dealer to see if you can source the kit from them.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Energiser
Oh, Shiny...

Drives: 2005 Toyota Yaris YR
Thanks for the pic Ruimond... must've been looking in the wrong places.

Not sure if I like the TRD/RS style grill on the red, which is a shame. Maybe painted with the same paint as the lower section would suit though, it just seems a bit glossy.

Blacked out lower grill looks good though.

Yeah, I'd rather take a look at genuine first, but I'd be shocked if they have reasonable prices.

Thanks again Mate.

Last edited by Energiser; 07-06-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Energiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
ruimond

Well i think before i got my front lip i got quoted about $400-500 for the OEM one from a toyota dealer. That's unpainted but primed. I did get mine off a member so it was really cheap, but you won't find one for the price i paid at most shops.

I like the TRD grill looks good on most colours, i like it on the red actually. It looks good too. I have it on my car, i just got it recently.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 07-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
GrayFox

Drives: 2009 5 Door YRS
ruimond; where did you buy the grill from and what did it cost you?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox View Post
ruimond; where did you buy the grill from and what did it cost you?
I got it from 1NZYaris1 from New zealand 2nd hand. But you can buy them new from microimage.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Lif...-meshgrill.htm

Otherwise contact cali yaris (garm) and he'll be able to helm you out.

Cheers

Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
GrayFox

Drives: 2009 5 Door YRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
I got it from 1NZYaris1 from New zealand 2nd hand. But you can buy them new from microimage.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Lif...-meshgrill.htm

Otherwise contact cali yaris (garm) and he'll be able to helm you out.

Cheers
Ah thanks... but unfortunately for me.. "Does not fit new 2009 bumper"