Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Left lane blockers

I have told this story before many years ago, but it’s so good I will tell it again!

There I was southbound on the New Jersey Turnpike in my 2001 echo. There was three lanes of traffic bumper to bumper, moving along at 60 miles an hour. Traffic was moving along but I stayed in one lane until I came to a roadblock of sorts. There was a Saab in the left lane Going the speed limit of 65 miles an hour. When someone would try to pass him in the middle lane, he would speed up preventing the pass. Several people tried to pass this left lane blocker, mostly seven series BMW’s and s class Mercedes. They all failed to pass this idiot! I observed all this and tried to stay away from the madness as best I could.

However at one point I found myself in the middle lane next to the Saab! The road was relatively open ahead of me so I sped up to pass the left lane blocker. Sure enough he sped up to prevent me passing him. But since there was no one ahead of me I Sped up also. In fact I pressed the Excelerator pedal to the floor and left it there! Faster and faster we went until the echo began vibrating quite a bit. The Saab began beeping his horn. I dare not look at the speedometer only at the road ahead. Finally the guy gave up and I merged into the left-hand lane.

Before I slow down I snuck a peek at the speedometer. It was pegged at 106 miles an hour! I do not drive crazy like that very often but I hate left lane blockers!

Old 05-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I have told this story before many years ago, but it’s so good I will tell it again!

There I was southbound on the New Jersey Turnpike in my 2001 echo. There was three lanes of traffic bumper to bumper, moving along at 60 miles an hour. Traffic was moving along but I stayed in one lane until I came to a roadblock of sorts. There was a Saab in the left lane Going the speed limit of 65 miles an hour. When someone would try to pass him in the middle lane, he would speed up preventing the pass. Several people tried to pass this left lane blocker, mostly seven series BMW’s and s class Mercedes. They all failed to pass this idiot! I observed all this and tried to stay away from the madness as best I could.

However at one point I found myself in the middle lane next to the Saab! The road was relatively open ahead of me so I sped up to pass the left lane blocker. Sure enough he sped up to prevent me passing him. But since there was no one ahead of me I Sped up also. In fact I pressed the Excelerator pedal to the floor and left it there! Faster and faster we went until the echo began vibrating quite a bit. The Saab began beeping his horn. I dare not look at the speedometer only at the road ahead. Finally the guy gave up and I merged into the left-hand lane.

Before I slow down I snuck a peek at the speedometer. It was pegged at 106 miles an hour! I do not drive crazy like that very often but I hate left lane blockers!

That's amazing. I hope you ruined their day by beating them down the highway in an echo.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Pretty embarassing to get out-accelerated by an automatic(presumably) Toyota Echo lol

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
you had me until you said NJ Turnpike. You act like NJ drivers arent some of the most aggressive selfish drivers in the northeast lol.

Drive into 1&9 or rt 4 from a side street and tell me how you had to wait 20 min to get in and have to floor it to 50 because that on ramp is shorter than the car itself!

I always try to stay on the GSP, at least there's more cops to keep those asshats at bay.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch9521 View Post
Pretty embarassing to get out-accelerated by an automatic(presumably) Toyota Echo lol
It was a manual and the echoes 106 hp was over twice as much as the 48 hp of my 74 beetle or my 79 240d Which was 58 hp