Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
leasaunce

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Question going to buy a yaris, need your help/opinion

Hi guys,

i'm ready to buy a Yaris now. but I want to know what are the differences in the 2005,2006 and 2007 Yaris?

i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand Yaris, with 20,000km-40,000km. so if any of you guys found one in sydney, please let me know. (oh yeah im looking for a manual 1.3L, 3dr around the $12,000)

Cheers,
Leon
leasaunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
only thing i can recommend is to get the safety pack. and i dont think there is any difference between the years. no update for aus yet i think. and make sure every service is done on time.

happy hunting... btw finding a safety pack is very hard apparently only 10% of ppl get it... but i reckon its worth it. esp in a car this size
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
2nd Hand + Saftey Pack

Ummm.... Good luck trying to find a 2nd hand Yaris with the saftey pack.
Car market may be different in Sydney, but up here in God's country, I tried for 3 months to find one in similar spec but ended up having to do buy new and had to get one ordered from Japan (= 3 month wait).

The other factor for me was that the Yaris tends to hold its resale value extremely well, and 2nd hand 05's were starting for around $13,500 upwards. Not good value when I only paid $16,500 new on road with saftey pack.

Good hunting.

EDIT: On the differences between the '05, '06 and '07 you might like to use http://www.redbook.com.au as a reference point.
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret_san View Post
Car market may be different in Sydney, but up here in God's country, I tried for 3 months to find one in similar spec but ended up having to do buy new and had to get one ordered from Japan (= 3 month wait).
thats good news for us when we come to sell it ;) safety pack premium! :D
bump the price up by a grand or so and say...why wait 3 months :P buy now!!
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
fainty_girl

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Before I bought my new yaris I was looking at getting a used auto Yaris too. I also found that the yaris seemed to hold their value really well. There were very few yarises listed for sale in the lower price range. I searched online a few times a day for a used yaris for months- scouring websites like the trading post, carsales, carsguide, drive, etc!

One time I enquired about a yaris that was listed for sale online in the afternoon, so I arranged to see the yaris at 9am the next day, and at 8am I got a call to say it had been sold! The next used yaris I arranged to see after that was really dodgy and had been thrashed by the owner.

So a few days later I went to the dealer, and ended up getting a brand new one instead! I couldn't afford to get the added safety pack, because buying the yaris new completely stretched my budget, and I had to borrow $ just to afford it new.

So if you're having no luck in buying a used yaris, save up some more money and buy it new.
fainty_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #6
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
u can buy a YRS for that price 2nd hand...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #7
firez3r0
Ready to Mod !

Drives: YRS Sedan
Send a message via MSN to firez3r0
true.the yaris is reall i having high resale values.
btw.i dim have to wait for 3 month to get the extra safety pack.
i waited for 5 days onli !!
was lucky to have one with the safety pack around.
firez3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by firez3r0 View Post
i waited for 5 days onli !!
was lucky to have one with the safety pack around.
Hah !! Those "s-e-d-a-n-s" are a dime a dozen.... always on the floor

Last edited by Ferret_san; 09-29-2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: EDIT : Come standard with fluffy dice now too ! :)
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote