Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
tachometer advice

I have been looking for the right tach for me but I have been having some major fitment issues.

I really don't like putting it on the A pillar or close to that. I thought about putting it in the drivers side glove box but I worry about how small it will have to be to fit in there.

I am alright with mounting it to the steering column but then the clearance becomes an issue with opening the drivers side glove box.

I was thinking of 2.5-3.75 inches in diameter. the best I can tell, the clearance goes down to 2 inches between the steering wheel and the glove box door when it is being opened.

I would like a black faced tach and one that only sweeps to 8k.

after almost a week of frustratingly looking around, any advice is welcomed.

thanks

thebeef
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote