Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Question about mixing progressive with linear springs

So I have trd springs but my rear stick up a lot more than the front for some reason it could be that i have a sedan and the weight distribution may be slightly difrent than the lb. But its a noticible amount and i would like to close the fender gap in the rear to match the front as well as make my car level. I was thinking of getting some cheap springs for the rear that are linear at the same time increasing the spring rate to give me better handling while leaving in my front trd springs so i still get a decent ride.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I'm on the verge of mix-n-match myself: I have a set of Tien s-tech's, but I just bought a set of MI springs for the higher front rate. My current plan is to install the MI up front (4k) and leave the Tiens in back (3.5k), but that's purely a performance goal, not cosmetic. I can't really think of any way to close that gap aside from cutting your springs, which is a less than ideal solution.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Well i have seem some rear springs that have a lower drop the trds i belive are 1.5 i have seen some that are 1.9 that should level things out im hoping
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
ksports which i used to run are progressive and have a 1.75-2" drop, maybe that will fit your needs

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
JohnnyMalice

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 4 door sedan
I have the same problem, but my front is higher than the rear, I think it may just be body lines screwing with my eyes, but I need to fix that.
JohnnyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Rear fenders are lower (shorter?) than the front fenders. I put some spring coil spacers in the rear to even out my wheel gap (wish there were no wheel gap).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote