Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
That is a sexy and aggressive hybrid, with a proven track record. We have an '05 with over 100k miles with no issues, saving gas the whole way.

I would buy this in a heartbeat.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #20
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
So after 2 months on sale, here's how sales are doing on the Prius C. March wasn't even a full month as it was launched mid way, yet did very well.

US sales...

March...4,875
April....4,006

The Yaris for comparison

March...3,547
April....4,274

The Prius C starts $4-5K more than the base Yaris and yet is selling at a similar pace so far. It's a good comparison too since they are approximately the same size. I don't think Toyota expected the C to potentially outsell the Yaris. Clearly, I still see it as a mistake that Toyota dropped the Yaris sedan. Numerous competitors offer sedan versions of their sub-compacts and they are selling well. The Yaris is now one of the slowest selling sub-compacts when it used to be among the higher sellers.

Personally, I would still buy a regular Prius over the C. Better highway mileage rating, much more room, better styling, safer, ect...

Last edited by Kal-El; 05-06-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #21
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
...but only the Yaris offers a 2 door model.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I've had a couple of C's come through our shop for parts. Very nice car, I'd buy it in a second if I needed a high mileage, compact commuter car.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The big winner was Toyota's redesigned-for-2012 Yaris with sales up over 115% vs. April, 2011.
Excellent data page:

http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...act-sales.html
Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I've had a couple of C's come through our shop for parts. Very nice car, I'd buy it in a second if I needed a high mileage, compact commuter car.
It is an excellent car. Most buyers are also reporting much better than EPA ratings. High 50's combined is most common. Many are reporting into the 60's or even 70 MPG range in more controlled situations.

For me, I couldn't justify trading the Yaris in for one in my situation. I'd be gaining maybe 15 mpg, maybe more, but the $20k or so price wouldn't add up for a car that offers no more space than my Yaris.

My next car will be an up-size from my Yaris as we are starting a family. The Yaris is fine but looking forward we'll want something a bit bigger but just as efficient, if not more so. I would consider a standard Prius to fit that role. Although a next gen Corolla would be a strong contender. Can't wait to see what Toyota does with it.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

We have an '05 Prius that with no issues in 108k miles. Really great product. Have gone on trips with four people and been comfortable.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #26
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Test drove a black C2 for about 15 miles and enjoyed it . Brought back memories when we had the '07 Prius 2 that easily passed 50 m.p.g.. I don't think a hybrid under $20,000 is asking too much . As more hybrids emerge the prices should drop more . Hopefully under $18,000 . There's Corollas / Matrix that cost $18,000 or more . We'd buy the C if finances allowed . Plus want to wait a year to see if any issues with it . Seen where one owner had inverter problems with the C with less than 80 miles , so they gave him another one .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #27
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
The C is said to be 18% more efficient than the standard Prius based on Japans test cycles. That equates to 59 mpg if it holds true with our EPA tests.

Sweet.
I know at the Canadian Toyota dealer I saw .. they were advertising the Prius C being capable of 81 MPG (Imperial Gallon) in the city which equates to 3.2 L/100 KM or 73 MPG US.

So pretty amazing gas mileage. I know that a friend of mine was regularly getting 3.7 L/100 Km or 63 MPG US in the city in his brand new Prius V. So the smaller Prius C should more than likely be able to equal or better this rate.
edmscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #28
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmobile View Post
^^ +1 polish a turd it's still a turd. I'll take the rims those
'

I retract this statement I gotta chance to drive one few weeks back and I was surprised on how well it drove. Actually it drove VERY similar to my car. I was told it's the "yaris hybrid" since USDM wont get the real Yaris Hybrid. But still I like the C better than the regular and V

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote