Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2020, 05:08 AM   #1
hamdoen

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2007
CAN ID for idling rpm when A/C on

Hi everyone..
Does anyone know the CAN ID of the A/C amplifier to the ECM to request idling rpm when the A/C is on?

I have an Asian version of Yaris, and I am experimenting with replacing ECM with the US version. there are differences in A/C communication systems.
I'm planning to send a CAN signal with Arduino to set idle when the A/C is on, so the rpm doesn't go down.

This is the video how the rpm drop when A/C is on.
https://youtu.be/5QNpSO1wbDM

Thank you very much.
hamdoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
dmac07
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
@CTScott" Not sure if you can help with this request, but if you can then it opens up tons more Yaris's to your Cruise Control mod. @"hamdoen" bought a USDM ecu and successfully swapped it into an Asian market version. I also bought a USDM ECU (part no: 89661-52E90) and plan replace my Australian market version if this ac issue gets resolved

looks like mentions isn't implemented. I will PM him
dmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
hamdoen

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac07 View Post
@CTScott" Not sure if you can help with this request, but if you can then it opens up tons more Yaris's to your Cruise Control mod. @"hamdoen" bought a USDM ecu and successfully swapped it into an Asian market version. I also bought a USDM ECU (part no: 89661-52E90) and plan replace my Australian market version if this ac issue gets resolved

looks like mentions isn't implemented. I will PM him
yeah I think CTScott might have a solution. unfortunately he is no longer active in this forum.

So you want to replace your ECM too? Take a look at the AC amplifier in your car, maybe it's just like USDM. Or take a look to the pin out of the ECM. In Vios there is black wire in pin 18 A21 and red wire in pin 30 A21 of the ECM. I did'n find that wire in the USDM Yaris electrical wiring diagram.

in Vios AC amplifiers, there are 2 wire that go directly to the ECM pin 18 and 30 A21 harness which control idle rpm when the AC is active. This is different from the USDM version whose idle rpm is set via 2 wire that pass through the CAN line

anyway, what is your VIN number?
hamdoen is offline   Reply With Quote