Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 AM   #19
jusdtm

Drives: toyota
You got a good deal cause the TRD Sportivo springs are listing for around $400 in japan. How's the ride quality? The drop looks nice too.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #20
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdtm
You got a good deal cause the TRD Sportivo springs are listing for around $400 in japan. How's the ride quality? The drop looks nice too.
The ride, oh much much better now, especially with the new tires/rims. It is lower to the ground, and on top of that, it seems to be much smoother and glides better in the air when going faster.

The car does not tilt or sway as much front/back/side to side, so when pressing on the gas, the forward motion is more straight forward then having the feeling of the car front come up off the ground/the back sink if you all get what I mean.

As for everything else, like hgihway driving, its sick..... I can turn through traffic like there was no tomorrow, except that this is not a sports car lol!!!

All in all, two things. It feels MUCH better now, but on the down side, the bumps feel MUCH worse. I mean especially since if you hit them hard enough or a deep enough one, you will buttom out and thats not good for the car.

I like it. Thats all and I know I made the right choice in having bought them and installing them.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #21
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Wonderful rims! They look amazing, I've never seen spokes like that. Thumbs up! And props on the springs... now you just need the matching shocks.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #22
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro
but on the down side, the bumps feel MUCH worse. I mean especially since if you hit them hard enough or a deep enough one, you will buttom out and thats not good for the car.
I told you to CUT YOUR BUMP STOPS!

But whatda I know..

Say goodbye Toyota shocks.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #23
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro

Edit - > was not neccessary

Last edited by Lafiro; 09-11-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #24
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro
OK, so I will attempt to do so, just stop following my every post and challenging everything. Then when I ask something, you ignore it.
Ignore? Guess all my time spent PM'ing your ass to all your questions was ignoring you then too? You got balls my friend!

Nice, thats the answer I get, even after offering to install your springs and half ass HID kit your shop tried to install, only for you to get a WET headlight?? You mentioned your spring install, and how you didnt cut the bump stops, I wrote you back on the many negatives there would be

Kiss off then, dont ever ask for my help or info on anything.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #25
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Ouch.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #26
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
People cant take criticism about the things they do then do them right in the first place. I listen to people when they tell me about things that I have no friggin idea what I am doing. Its called learning...
Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #27
VitzBoy
Administrator

Drives: Yaris
There's no need to fight publicly about this. Please take this to PM or e-mail.
Closed Thread