Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
wagoneer

Drives: 07 Liftback - Red
Problems installing mud guards

Ordered a kit from DeLand Toyota in Florida. Kit came, "Made in Canada".

The kit requires 4 clips for the rear mud guards. 2 each side. Kit only came with 2 clips. I went ahead and installed the mud guard without the clips. I will pick some up tomorrow.

Now for the real problem. I read the manual, I know what it says about jacking up the car. I still messed my car up when I did the first wheel.

I jacked it where I thought the manual meant for me to. After that, I threw out the manual and jacked it up "my way" just fine.

Now, questions....does anybody know how much it will cost to "tweak" the front fender 3/4" or so. My two trim pieces under the front of the front passenger door now have a significant gap.

Tachometer installed
Mudguards installed
Rear Bumper Guard installed

FUTURE = Fog Lights, arm rest, RS spoiler, cruise, black 17" wheels
wagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
looks like your f*cked.....
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
sorry to here that I jacked up my car to rotate the tires jacked the front up at the the little dimple things where the manual says not problem
oem style foglights
96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto
Weathertech vent visors
Scan GaugeII
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Body shops have various shaped clamps that can be clamped on the the seam you pushed up. They can clamp onto it and, using hydraulics, while supporting the rest of the car, pull it back down. It's not that hard to do but I don't know what your problem looks like or the severity. Cost? It's going to vary widely between shops so look around.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
ouch!!!$$ for sure.
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
wagoneer

Drives: 07 Liftback - Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Body shops have various shaped clamps that can be clamped on the the seam you pushed up. They can clamp onto it and, using hydraulics, while supporting the rest of the car, pull it back down. It's not that hard to do but I don't know what your problem looks like or the severity. Cost? It's going to vary widely between shops so look around.
That is what I was hoping to hear. It is just a little tweak. A body panel fitment issue.

I have a hydraulic jack that takes about 5 secs to lift the car. I was using that instead of the manual jack that comes with the car and is under the driver seat.

I picked up the clips I needed today at the auto parts store. Everything is installed properly now.

The panel fit is only out about 3/4", I'm pretty sure I could bend it back myself, but at this point I'm just gonna let someone with experience do it.

I'll inquire at my next oil change. I can live with it till then. Its really not that bad as is.

Tachometer installed
Mudguards installed
Rear Bumper Guard installed

FUTURE = Fog Lights, arm rest, RS spoiler, cruise, black 17" wheels
wagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote