Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Hood Protection

Has anyone tried either the Toyota, or after market alternative? I used these things for years on my various pick up trucks and really do feel that they where beneficial.

I found a few pics of small deflectors that appear to be only available in CA for the Yaris. Would someone in CA be willing to check on shipping one to me? If it is not to much I would like to give one a try.

Thanks!

Last edited by blacksan; 05-17-2007 at 04:51 PM.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Vervepipes
CowCountry Hornet Handler

Drives: '08 Sedan
With the shape of the Yaris (large flat-ish front and small hood high up) I think the effects of a hood protector wouldnt be that great, the front will still get pelted pretty badly
Vervepipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervepipes View Post
With the shape of the Yaris (large flat-ish front and small hood high up) I think the effects of a hood protector wouldnt be that great, the front will still get pelted pretty badly
I think that any wind deflection is better then none at all. Of course nothing will stop the stray stone from smacking the hood, but most damage I have experienced was on the leading edge of the hood which is covered by most deflectors placement compounded due to the design quirk you mentioned.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote