Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #109
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
bairjo - nice job on the video!

I shouldn't admit this, but I installed my foglights when I replaced the horn
with one of those premium horn kits. I never ran the wires. Been too busy
or lazy to finish the job. I'd really like to have a stalk like that, but too
chicken to mess with airbag stuff, though you make it look easy. That would
probably take me all day to do, and would have to borrow some tools.
However, maybe when it's warmer, I'll get motivated. BTW, I got the
Micro Image kit...yikes, that was a few years ago now that I think of it.
Where does the time go?

Thanks again for the video and to CTScott for all his expertise on the Yaris!
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:17 AM   #110
coly369
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris hatchback 2013
ok now mi problem is that I have the same kit, but I have a yaris 2013 and I don't want to cut any cable because the warranty, what can I do, don't know anything where to plug the wires o the 15 fuse go please help
coly369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 AM   #111
bairjo

Regarding cutting cables and warranty. Go ahead and cut...I asked the dealer about this when I had my 08...they said it will not void anything unless what you do damages something. For example, if you took your car to a pro to have a remote start installed....snip snip. No issues with the warranty. Just be sure you do your homework and follow the advise of the folks on here that tell you how to do it right. You will be fine...
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #112
docvirus25

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan
I own a Yaris, (Thailand / General Area) year 2011 model and i've installed an aftermarket fog lamp. Does anyone here knows how to get the fog lamp indicator turned on the dashboard without replacing the OEM stalk. I'm too chicken out to remove the airbag and the oem stalk as it involves removal of the steering clock spring. Does anyone here knows which wire harness or pin to tap into for supplying the 12vdc power to light up the dash fog lamp indicator? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
docvirus25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #113
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by docvirus25 View Post
I own a Yaris, (Thailand / General Area) year 2011 model and i've installed an aftermarket fog lamp. Does anyone here knows how to get the fog lamp indicator turned on the dashboard without replacing the OEM stalk. I'm too chicken out to remove the airbag and the oem stalk as it involves removal of the steering clock spring. Does anyone here knows which wire harness or pin to tap into for supplying the 12vdc power to light up the dash fog lamp indicator? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

it should be pins 3 and 4 for the stalk connector under the steering column cover, but if you choose the route of tapping into the cluster (as ours here who don't have the stalk switch also don't have wires 3 and 4 under the stalk connector) you should be able to supply 12V on Pin 7 of the 16-pin connector (the shorter one and the one near the driver).

You can read more here:
http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthr...=indicator+fog

If nothing works, you might want to check if there's an LED behind the fog indicator on the cluster by gently lifting that black plastic part (where the speedometer/tach is printed on)
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #114
docvirus25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
it should be pins 3 and 4 for the stalk connector under the steering column cover, but if you choose the route of tapping into the cluster (as ours here who don't have the stalk switch also don't have wires 3 and 4 under the stalk connector) you should be able to supply 12V on Pin 7 of the 16-pin connector (the shorter one and the one near the driver).

You can read more here:
http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthr...=indicator+fog

If nothing works, you might want to check if there's an LED behind the fog indicator on the cluster by gently lifting that black plastic part (where the speedometer/tach is printed on)
Thanks a zillion jcboy. That's what i'm looking for. There's an LED pre installed in the indicator panel. Your suggestion worked like charm.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #115
Nenomarcano

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Instrument panel light of yaris Belta Sedan (Vios) not funtion.
Some one know how to repair it.
Nenomarcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #116
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Thanks a zillion jcboy. That's what i'm looking for. There's an LED pre installed in the indicator panel. Your suggestion worked like charm.
Glad to help. Mine still doesnt work despite working in a different car with stalk switch, although both ours are factory-wired, mine is using a switch. i gave up.

Quote:
Instrument panel light of yaris Belta Sedan (Vios) not funtion.
Some one know how to repair it.
Check the link above.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #117
docvirus25

Quote:
Glad to help. Mine still doesnt work despite working in a different car with stalk switch, although both ours are factory-wired, mine is using a switch. i gave up.

Check the link above.
This is what you do if you're not installing the factory fog lamp stalk....
You can use aftermarket switch without cutting the wire harness apart by just tapping the 12vdc power source from the aftermarket switch to fire up the indicator at the dashboard. Just connect it to the hole of the relay show in green using a spade connector. Hope this works for all of you out there.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #118
docvirus25

Quote:

Check the link above.
For those who are installing the aftermarket fog lamps without a factory stalk, you can apply 12vdc tapped from the aftermarket switch and plugged into the fog lamp relay hole underneath the dashboard. Connect to the hole indicated by the green arrow using a spade connector.
Hope this helps all of you out there. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #119
Eduardo_mty

can i use this switch on my 2015 yaris

Eduardo_mty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:56 PM   #120
Portugal329

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
So the red and white wire is coming from the aftermarket switch is this correct?
Quote:
For those who are installing the aftermarket fog lamps without a factory stalk, you can apply 12vdc tapped from the aftermarket switch and plugged into the fog lamp relay hole underneath the dashboard. Connect to the hole indicated by the green arrow using a spade connector.
Portugal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #121
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
When I was trying to install my fog lights on my 2007 hatch a long time ago, I remember CTScott saying something like how installing them this way was a bad idea because it could screw with the fuel pump or something like that. Has anyone run into any trouble?

I did get my lights working by going through the firewall, which was a pain, and connecting by this method, without connecting to the outside fuse. Something happened and then they did not work anymore and I really didn't have time to try to fix it until now.

I'm looking to start fresh and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good kit that is pretty easy to install. I don't plan on installing the stock. I also have a denso relay from my first attempt.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #122
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Honestly, one of the best kits would be the micro-image one. It's a shame the're they've closed shop. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one for my '09.
That kit had you plugging the fog lights into a connector in the engine bay fuse box, rather than running a separate wire through the firewall.
Not only that, but it would also illuminate the indicator light in the instrument cluster.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #123
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Do you remember the name of the kit so I could try and find it online.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #124
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4One View Post
Do you remember the name of the kit so I could try and find it online.
The Micro Image kit was a custom kit of their own.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #125
lancepower

Drives: vios 1.3E
Quote:
Hi! What is the big blue wire in the picture use for? I have recently bought an aftermarket fog light for my 2011 vios/yaris, and the technician tapped the wire of the relay of foglight to this big blue wire. It's been a week since my foglights were installed and they are working great. I just wanted to know ( peace of mind also ) that the connections of my fog lights were right.

TIA
lancepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #126
lancepower

Drives: vios 1.3E
oops double post

Last edited by lancepower; 08-26-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: double post
lancepower is offline   Reply With Quote