Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Yaris Price in WNC and the southeast

Just wondering what the going rate for the Yaris is in the rest of the Southeast compared,to the price in WNC. I've had two dealers,Jim Barkley in Asheville, Mike Jones in Hickory,tell me that the Yaris sells for sticker price. The guy at Jim Barkley said the that they are only a little over invoice and they are not going to mark them down anymore,especially with the gas price thing going on.

So, just wondering if thats what is going on in the rest of the Souteast with Yaris priceing? I'm more than likely going to order my Yaris from Jim Barkley Thursday, for sticker price.

Thanks for your time and Happy Yaris Hunting

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Same story at my dealer in Raleigh. Jim Barkley is one of the best Toyota dealerships around - believe them.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I doubt if there is or will be much of a discount since there's not much margin to play with (as you pointed out). Somebody here says they got a little knocked off, but I wouldn't lose sleep if you pay sticker - just don't take any dealer add-ons or markup. I'm sure the majority here in the States are paying sticker for the time being.

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
If I caught myself haggling with a salesguy on a $11,000 car I think I would have to go home and kick myself in the balls.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
St.Francis

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback, Manual
I agree with Goose and Idjiit. With an approx. markup of $700-750 and they are selling them for sticker price you are still getting a fair deal.
St.Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Yeah,I'm not really complaining about the price of the car.I think its a great price, this is my first car that I"ve bought without help from anyone and I jsut wanna do the right thing and get a good deal thats all :)

Is it really worth getting the powerpackage and the abs,cruise,power everything etc and all that jazz on the Yaris? I think it is bc of the tachometer added,the better tires, LCD stereo is better etc. I found some pictures of the Yaris Sedan with and without tachometer and its looks so much better with it added,and the Stereo and seats are better looking to. I'm forsure adding that,and then I'm going to add fog lamps,and maybe keyless entry,but I'm not sure about that? If they find it on inventory I will go without it,but if they have to order I will say add the keyless.

Yaris Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
riceboy

Drives: icebox
The only place you can knock it down any further is probably the admin fee (if they charge one), pre-delivery dealer adds like window etching, and having them come down on parts and labor on any add's. The margin isn't high on these cars, so savings have to found in other areas.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
jah

Drives: Hatch
They ended up knocking off about 400 bucks from the sticker. I got (Auto Hatch w Power pkg and fog lights) I added the mats (paid 88, found them on the web for 68), and the 3200 Security system (550 installed found them on the web for 325). So they made some of it back on the addons.
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Yea, these cars are too new for any good deals. I was able to get $249 off of my car, which means I only payed $577 over invoice.

Kind of hard to beat a deal like that. $577 above invoice with no haggling.