Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
BASE model availability? anyone?

Has anyone been able to get the base model withouth any packages? I want the $1095 base and add on the stuff like a radio myself. The dealer made it sound impossible
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 AM   #2
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
i asked when i ordered my 5spd w/ convenience package and they told me it was available, but would be like 6+ months when mine's supposed to be in by the 10th

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
eight_heads

oh, i got mine for $12000 even, $13200 w/ttl

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 06-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #4
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Wow, mine was 15,500, but i'm one of those ppl that has to have the little stuff. I almsot cant believe cars are still made w/o power windows standard.
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
The dealership told me that "Toyota knows that people want cars with some options... so the base model isnt really offered... The yaris BASE does start out at XXXX but we wont even get a stripped down version because it wont sell!"
Could be a selling ploy but from what i have seen they havent got a BONE stock yaris in the surrounding 7 states from me... havent and "wont"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennystocks
Wow, mine was 15,500, but i'm one of those ppl that has to have the little stuff. I almsot cant believe cars are still made w/o power windows standard.
I can see this getting ugly... there are a couple people on the board that are anti-power... lol
To each their own!
I personally want the power option, but thats just me!
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:58 AM   #6
jedi1701

Drives: Yaris 2 LB
I got my 2 door LB as basic as they come here and it too has the convenience package. I really think it has to do with where you live, here in the north east area they don't seem to sell it with out that package , other areas are different.
Here in NY it is the law that a new car must have a rear window defogger and that is part of the Option Combination #A $740 which includes the Convenience Package and the All-Weather Guard Package, the web site does not give you any option to take that package off the car. It's not really fair but that seems to be the way they do it.
jedi1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I think every Yaris that has been shipped to the USA so far has at least the conveniece package.

You could get a dealership to order the base model, but it will prolly take a few months to get from Japan.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
eight_heads

yeah, to get a 5spd either as a strict base model or w/ the power package was going to take 6+ months like i said above for my area, but my 5spd w/convenience is supposed to be here in another week

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 06-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #9
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1701
Here in NY it is the law that a new car must have a rear window defogger and that is part of the Option Combination #A $740 which includes the Convenience Package and the All-Weather Guard Package, the web site does not give you any option to take that package off the car. It's not really fair but that seems to be the way they do it.
if you go to our website WWW.rocklandtoyota.com you can delete that option but im not sure yet if it can be ordered that way.....
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:48 AM   #10
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I was told that all the Liftbacks built, come standard with Convience and Cold Weather pack, as well as floor mats, right from Toyota.

I think its a crock, but more then one dealer told us this..
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
It's true for your region. Go to www.buyatoyota.com, and enter your zip code, then custom configure your car. This will show what options are available in your region, as set by Toyota. In yours, that is the only way they are selling the LB, both auto and manual. And I noticed, no s-sedans are available.

You can go outside your region and find one with diffrent options maybe, or special order one if they will let you. But Toyota presets what areas get what options by default, based on some research or maybe throwing darts at at wallboard. It's very annoying, I can't figure out their logic.

They realy mean it when they state "Not all options available in all areas"

Try shopping diffrent zip codes from other areas.. here in So-Cal we can get the LB with power package and keyless or the convenience package.

On the Sedans, we can't get side airbags, fog lights, or all weather package.

Last edited by Tankota; 06-15-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #12
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
They're extremely rare, from what I can tell. I got mine with the Convenience Package only.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox
Has anyone been able to get the base model withouth any packages? I want the $1095 base and add on the stuff like a radio myself. The dealer made it sound impossible

Yeah, like others said pretty much all of the Yari coming here are going to at least have the convience package and then might have other features depending on region. As mentioned before if you order it in base form it could take months to get it...sure it starts under 11k but obviously even if you get base you'll be paying at least 11,500, which isn't bad at all, you have to consider tax, destination charge and made up fees they give ya. Also consider the fact that there's pretty much no mark up with a base Yaris so they'll try to get you in one with more options but obviously you don't have to do what they want (I could be wrong on that). I wish you luck and it depends on how bad you want it I guess you would wait for one, if possible to get it. Keep us posted!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
casterqc

Drives: Yaris
I've been able to get the base model...it took them 2-3 days to ship it. The seller told me it is kinda rare that people ask for the base model (simply because they don't offer it).

The package they first offered me had these things more than the base model:
- mud guards (useless in my point of view)
- 2 more speakers ( that I would have throw in the garbage anyway for new ones)
- Rear wiper (never had one and don't need one)
- Electric mirrors ( now this is a pain in the /$% if you live in a big city with winter...cause chances are that you will break one...and it is expensive to replace)

So I decided to take the base model instead, and decided to put something a little more "eye catching" than a rear wiper....a rally spoiler and 16 inch wheels...

Have fun!
casterqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #15
heylookitsjames
maintenance of momentum

Drives: 2007 5spd 3dr
The yaris i purchased doesn't have any of the packages at all... It didn't even have a stereo when i purchased it..
heylookitsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookitsjames
The yaris i purchased doesn't have any of the packages at all... It didn't even have a stereo when i purchased it..
Did you buy it stripped to tear apart, and make a little track car out of?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:48 AM   #17
JaiTomato

Drives: 07 sedan-flint mica, 96VFR750
I didn't have the luxury of ordering since my former car broke down the day before flying out on vacation. While away I decided to junk it instead of repairing. So I went straight from the airport to the Toyota dealer and they had one Yaris that just came in. Only 10 miles on it.

So I had to pay extra $1048 for the rear defroster....errr convenience package that us northeasterners must have.
The AM/FM/CD system I didn't need since I swapped in my former car's system.
Perhaps I'll stay with the 15" steel wheels instead of getting new 17's. Unfortunately, the yaris doesn't match the bolt pattern of the Ford focus.
JaiTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
heylookitsjames
maintenance of momentum

Drives: 2007 5spd 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Did you buy it stripped to tear apart, and make a little track car out of?
sort of... it has air conditioning but that's about it. I don't need much as far as creature comforts are concerned, as I'm moving from a 1985 MR2 to this. I'm not planning on stripping it out, but the less it has, the better.
heylookitsjames is offline   Reply With Quote