Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
braytonia

Drives: Nothing Yet...
Is this Yaris a fair deal?

Hi, I have been lurking around this forum for maybe a month now and I am looking to purchase a Yaris. I've been doing a lot of research and I have heard only good things about these cars. I found one local to me and was considering checking it out and possibly pulling the trigger on it, but the only thing that would hold me back is the mileage... Do you guys feel this is a fair price for the mileage of the car? I think its steep imo but I've heard these cars go far beyond 200k+ miles. What do you guys think? And what should I be looking for when I go to check the car out in person? Any info/ tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Heres a link to the CL add-

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...022538268.html
braytonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
Check maint.records,any rust,check undercarrige,paint work, how many owners?, next drive the car.
I would not buy anything with this many miles without maint. records.
Yes, I think it's steep,but should be neg.
You don't have to buy this one.
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
jay cobbs

Drives: 2010 yaris sedan 4 speed auto
YES go take the PLUNGE...I DID AND I LOVE IT.

I JUST BOUGHT MY YARIS SEDAN AND LET ME TELL YOU A COUPLE OF TRICKS ON SHOPPING AND PRICE. HERTZ AND AVIS ARE THE MAIN SUPPLIERS OF MOST USED CARS IN THIS NATION DUE TO THER VERY GOOD FLEET MANTIANANCE RECORDS. IF YOU GO TO THE HERTZ WEB SITE YOU CAN PLUG IN TOYOTA YARIS AND HATCHBACK AND SEDANS IN YOUR AREA WILL POP UP APLENTY. THEY NOW HAVE A NO SALESMAN 2 HOUR FREE TEST DRIVE AT ALL USED LOTS. SOME ARE MARKED CERTIFIED AND SOME RENT TO OWN. THE ONLY DIFFRENCE IS CERIFIED MEANS A 150 POINT INSPWCTION BY THE CAR LOT ITSELF BUT SINCE YOU CAN BARROW IT OFF THE LOT TAKE IT TO YOUR MECANIC AND HAVE THEM CHECK IT FOR YOU. P.S. THE RENT TO OWN ARE AS GOOD BUT ARE STRIGHT OF THE FLEET LOT AND A GRAMD CHEAPER WHICH IS GREAT. MY MICANIC SAID THE ONE I GRABED WAS GREAT EVEN THR FRONT ALIMMENT WAS SPOT ON. THERE IS NO PRICE HAGGLING SINCE MOST ARE 2000.00 BELOW KELLY BLUE BOOK AND IVE BOUGHT MANY CARS IN MY DAY THE EXTENTDED WARRANTY IN WRITING AND ON THE WEB SITE IS MUCH MORE COMPREHENSIVE THAT EVEN TOYOTAS WITH MORE FREE OPTIONS. NO HASSLE AND LOW BOOK PRICE WAS FANTASTIC YOU CAN EVEN ASK FOR MORE DISCOUNTS WITH AAA AUTO CLUB CARD AND ASK ABOUT PROMOS THEY RUN ALL THE TIME. IM A 20+ PRO VAN DRIVER AND WE BOUGHT THE SEDAN CHECK THE SPECS ON GOOGLE. AWESOME AND CHECK OUT MY BLOG IN THE FUEL MPG SECTION. GOT 45 MPG GOING ON ONE LANE ROADS TO TAHOE AND 75 MPH ALMOST ALL THE WAY UP MT. PASSES DROVE LIKE A CHAMP AND THE 5 SPEED GEAR TYPE TRANS AUTO IS KING DONT GET THE CVT IS NOT AS MUCH FUN TO DRIVE BOUGHT 2010 MODEL SINCE 2011 IS THE SAME WITH THE IDENTICAL FEATURES AND HERTZ INSTALLS POWER PACKAGE SOME WITH CRUZE AND 15" WHEELS WHICH MAKES IT MORE LIKE A CAMRY....THE YARIS SEDAN IS THE SECRET LOVE CHILD BETWEEN A CAMRY AND A PRIUS ALSO CHECK OUT YOU TUBE... FUN CAR BIG INSIDE. PARKS LIKE A DREAM. GO FOR IT....FALL IN LOVE AGAIN LIKE MY FIRST VW I BOUGHT.......ENJOY THE INFO...JAY
jay cobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
I think he used smileys for punctuation.

That's cool.

That's a fair number of miles on the car, so I would definitely agree with 12 yaris and be adamant on a test drive. Other than that... Looks good to me. Check that it hasn't had any abnormal wear and tear. And see if you can get him down 500 on the price. YEA. :D
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
The price is too high. About 2 gs too high in my opinion.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
lol. please turn you caps lock off.

But he does have a good point. Rental car companies sell tons of cars, which will have both less miles and less risk than that car.

Which is overpriced for the mileage. It could be worth $3 grand, but that is pushing it.