Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
Stein
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris MK3 2012
Question Yaris Backup Camera aftermarket radio

Recently i bought a Toyota Yaris 1.0 2012.

The car comes with a Touch and Go system. But thats not working great at all. Since my previous car had a Aftermarket Stereo with Apple Carplay I decided to put that radio in this car too (Pioneer SPH--DA230DAB). I ordered all the adapters and the frame (which did not fit and had to be returned).

I ordered a Connects2 CAM-TY1-RT For the reverse camera. Plugged it in to my stereo and connected the required wires to 12v and ground. But no image is showing on my screen. I tested the voltage from the cable and it gave me values.

Anyone any idea what I did wrong? Or does the Factory camera not support this kind of adapters?
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:28 AM   #2
NorthernNoel

Drives: Yaris 1.3 MK3
I know this is an old thread but I finally managed to get this to work. Tried an autoleads adapter but couldn't get any signal. I spoke to them and they said that their adaptors only work with 2014 onwards on the MK3.

In the end I ran a cable direct to the camera, cut the connector off by the camera end and spliced the new cable onto the connector. Wiring was as follows:
Red - power
Brown - power ground
Black - video
White - video ground

I fed the power from the reverse light. It was a pain getting the cable fed through everywhere but it works.
NorthernNoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #3
offbeatdave

Drives: Yaris
I'm returning to this old thread after I solved the same problem. The CAM-TY1-RT appears to have the blue and orange outs the wrong way round for the Yaris. I just cut and swapped them over to get the 5v this supplies power to the correct pin.

I also put together a summary of what I did at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing, including getting the reverse trigger going.
offbeatdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, camera, radio, reverse