Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #1
Gert-Jan
I've made a post!

Drives: '01 Yaris T-sport
Yaris cup alignment

Hi guys

I'm new here, driving a blue '01 T-sport in Belgium.
Now I noticed that there's quite some understeer with the stock car. I've had an alignment done but it hasn't become less. The back end does come round if you flick it in but you really have to convince it of what you are trying to do.
Therefore I was wondering if a Yaris cup alignment would make any difference (suppose it does) but I can't find the specs anywhere. Maybe someone here has the specs or knows where to find it OR maybe there is an alternate mod of some sort that takes care of the annoying understeer.

Thanks in advance
Gert-Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Rear anti sway bar. most are 19mm thick but there are a couple at 22-24mm thick. I put a 19mm on my sedan and its much more stable.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
What is you current suspension setup?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #4
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert-Jan View Post
Hi guys

I'm new here, driving a blue '01 T-sport in Belgium.
Now I noticed that there's quite some understeer with the stock car. I've had an alignment done but it hasn't become less. The back end does come round if you flick it in but you really have to convince it of what you are trying to do.
Therefore I was wondering if a Yaris cup alignment would make any difference (suppose it does) but I can't find the specs anywhere. Maybe someone here has the specs or knows where to find it OR maybe there is an alternate mod of some sort that takes care of the annoying understeer.

Thanks in advance
I don't have a cup car but I do have a SCCA HP car and had a B-Spec car.

Camber -3.5* to -3.7* Front and rear is -.5* to -1.5*
Toe is 1/16th toe out front and 0 Toe rear

These are race alignments though so expect the car to be twitchy and wear tires faster than normal for non race uses.

Tags
alignment, cup, understeer