Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-03-2016, 12:08 AM   #1
KenTK808

Drives: 2014 Yaris LE
3rd Gen Front Stage Speakers

I bought a set of Morel Audio component speakers for my 2014 Yaris LE. I wanted to know how the tweeters are wired to the radio. Is it just teed off somewhere behind the dash? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to wire in the crossover. I have an Alpine mini amp wired in right now with a plug and play harness behind the radio. If its too much work I might end up just buying a DSP or something and run new wires.

Thanks for the help.
KenTK808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #2
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
the tweeters should be run off the crossover, and the crossover should be run off the amp or the stereo itself.

Stereo --> Morel crossover (front speaker outputs) --> Morel components (tweeter and woofer (mids))
OR
Stereo --> Alpine amp (RCA outputs) --> Morel crossover --> Morel components (tweeter and woofer (mids))

seems like you know so little about sound setup, don't just go spending on new equipment just because. DSPs are for sound processing (audioholics), and for a noob in audio equipment that will be too much information to process (on tuning)
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:51 PM   #3
KenTK808

Drives: 2014 Yaris LE
Figured it out. To any 2013+ Yaris owners
Just and FYI to anyone that is wondering. The tweeters and front door speakers are teed off right by the tweeters on the A-pillars. Makes installing the crossover easy as you can easily secure the crossover behind the A-pillar.
KenTK808 is offline   Reply With Quote