Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
Yucky Darren

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Yucky Darren
Question 6.5" Subs in rear? Mounting depth

Hey everybody. I was thinking of saying screw it to the rear speakers in my 3 door liftback and mounting in their place a couple 6" JL Audio subs. Found here http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...p?series_id=23. I was wondering if anyone knew the max mounting depth in the rear. My main concern is those fitting. I was going to combine those with a couple 6.5" components in the front and power all 4 with a 75Wx4 pioneer amp that would be bridged to the subs. Another problem that i am coming across would be a good mounting place for the tweeters in the front. Any suggestions or comments would be very welcome.
Yucky Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
saue1436

Drives: 07 sedan
Can't help with mounting depth but I've heard the 6W0's at work and one of my coworkers HAD them in his Ford Ranger. If you are looking for very light complementary bass, it's a great idea. Don't require a ton of power but one thing to look into is the enclosure. It may only be 6" but it is still a sub. If I'm not mistaken it needs to be in an enclosure with the correct airspace to sound right.
saue1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Yucky Darren

Good point. And thanks for the response. I was thinking of Dynamatting the entire area around them. Hopefully that will help seal em off a bit, cuz there really is no way of making the exact enclosure space back there for them. Think that will work?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
saue1436

Drives: 07 sedan
Shouldn't be too bad. Do the best you can and if it does end up sounding like garbage, pick up a small box and throw them in the trunk. What component speakers are you running up front? Where do you plan to mount the crossovers?
saue1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Yucky Darren

I was thinking of running some Infinity Reference series components up front. And i'm not sure about where to mount the tweeters. Maybe bi-mount em over the woofer or on the upper arm rest above where the window controls are. What do you think I should do?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
Yucky Darren

I still dont know the mounting depth for the speakers in the rear of my liftback. If anyone could help me it would be pretty awesome. Thanks.