Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Drives: Blazing Blue, 2 Dr Hatchback
Where's my AUX adapter???

Help! I got my Yaris today but the AUX adapter is not there! I have the CE with LE B package which means no power locks, windows etc. But I'm not sure if that is how it's packaged. I got the single CD/MP3 stereo upgrade. I'm not sure from the manual if this is considered the "type 2" one or not. Did I have to upgrade to the six CD/MP3 system to get the AUX adapter?
yaris-intuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
The Aux input is in the right or left storage space down by the floor below the AC controls. Mine was a littl flap that you just pull up and thats it. U will need a 1/8 in. mic to an 1/8 in. mic chord. One end goes into the MP3 player and the other into the hole in the car and select AUX on the radio. Go to Radio Shack and they will know what you are talking about.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

All I have there is the empty cover slot, like they place over the holes when you don't have the power opts for the doors.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
MacMaster761
Five-Star General

Drives: 07 Silver Streak Mica
Send a message via AIM to MacMaster761
call your dealer and ask them, i'd be pissed, then again i have a aftermarket deck...

JWU '09 Baking and Pastry
MacMaster761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Sent off an email to dealer, hopefully there will be an explanation on Monday...or sometime this week.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Mine was like a flap that you just lifted up and there was the hole
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
MacMaster761
Five-Star General

Drives: 07 Silver Streak Mica
Send a message via AIM to MacMaster761
me too

JWU '09 Baking and Pastry
MacMaster761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
No Canadian Yaris gets an AUX adapter...Regardless of model, I have the RS with the premium 6 disc setup, and ended up swapping it out and adding my own AUX...

You have to buy the dealer installed iPod adapter, which is about 300 bux...

Cheers
Man that SUCKS! Then why in the world are they showing it in the CAN manual?! I don't have an i-pod but a sansa player. Didn't want to do the fm transmitter...
Old 08-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #9
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-intuit
Man that SUCKS! Then why in the world are they showing it in the CAN manual?! I don't have an i-pod but a sansa player. Didn't want to do the fm transmitter...
dont know why every thing in my manual is in canadian...the section with the radio has some other warning, not the FCC section 15 warning that i am used to seing on almost all electronics...it was some othe comision of something or another...and all the numbers are in metric, and some dont even have (english/non-metric) numbers next to them, and i dont even know what a newton meter is....maybe they switched are manuals?...
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #10
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Well echo_hrs it was confirmed by dealer that only the US get it. Here's the reply to my email:

"I really did not have the answer so I talked with our shop foreman. Unfortunately the stereo unit (type 2) you see in the manual is only available in the U.S.A.. If you look at your stereo unit it does not have the AUX button on the bottom right. So basically to answer your question, I am sorry to say it cannot be done from Toyota, you may have to source out A & B, Sounds Around, Etc....."