Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #19
Perkele
Kuljettaja

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE
[QUOTE=bronsin;831889]Possible corrosion if you live in Canada

Not sure why this is exclusive to Canada. Roads are salted heavily in many parts of the USA. In fact, where I live in Canada (MB) it's too cold for salt to work most of the time and they just use sand. As a result, my Yaris has no corrosion. Now find me a Yaris from Pennsylvania or New Jersey with no corrosion .
Old 09-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #20
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
[QUOTE=Perkele;832060]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Possible corrosion if you live in Canada

Not sure why this is exclusive to Canada. Roads are salted heavily in many parts of the USA. In fact, where I live in Canada (MB) it's too cold for salt to work most of the time and they just use sand. As a result, my Yaris has no corrosion. Now find me a Yaris from Pennsylvania or New Jersey with no corrosion .
Lots of rusty pieces of shit here in Michigan, too
Old 06-30-2021, 03:41 AM   #21
kellySmith
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Hi. i was planning to get a corolla. Anything with good milage . All says good about yaris but can some one pin point negatives as well?
I have to cover 65 miles and on highway with family its much more than that. Dont want to stuck some where due to car issue.

PS. Any body love skateboarding here? Maybe somebody i am planning to get a cruiser board and there is a website with skateboard reviews . Which one to get?
kellySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:48 PM   #22
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellySmith View Post
Hi. i was planning to get a corolla. Anything with good milage . All says good about yaris but can some one pin point negatives as well?
I have to cover 65 miles and on highway with family its much more than that. Dont want to stuck some where due to car issue.

PS. Any body love skateboarding here? Maybe somebody i am planning to get a cruiser board and there is a website with skateboard reviews . Which one to get?
Get used to flooring it when you have to pass someone especially at highway speeds and especially if you get a slushbox. The extra gear and having a manual makes this much more livable vs. the slush-o-matic.

Water pumps tend to fail around 120k but its sporadic, not everyone's pump fails. Not a big issue as they're cheap and easy to replace anyways.

Other than that, they're literally one of the best entry level cars out there. I've had ZERO issues with my 2014, its still on the original Toyota battery too.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #23
billfires

Drives: 2010 3dr LB
I have a 2010 2dr 5 speed H/B that I bought new. It now has 189,000 miles and has only needed normal mantainence items. I change the oil every 5000 miles with full synthetic. I have 3 sets of mounted tires 185/60-15 on aluminum rims (summer), 195/65-15 all season tires, and 195/60-15 studded snow tires. The snow tires are amazing and the car will not stop until the snow is so deep that it lifts the car. I avg 36-40+ mg depending on the time of year. 75% of the time I am by myself and the backseat has only been used 3 times with one person for short trips. I would drive it to California tomorrow without reservation. The only time it failed me was when the battery clamp loosened and tha was temporarily fixed with my Leatherman multitool. I wish they still produced the gen 2, as I would purchase another. Bill C
billfires is offline   Reply With Quote