Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
stackman1

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3dr
Remove alarm - Access to wires

Hello Everyone.....
Bought a used 2008 Yaris hatch. It came with a "Checkmate Model 100SPC" alarm system. Always hated having it.
This morning I couldn't start my car. Had no startup issues prior to this morning. I put a multimeter on battery and it was only showing 9.95 volts. I likely just need a new battery but would love to take this opportunity to remove my alarm as well. It is now going off each time I re-connect the battery cables.

I was hoping that if I looked under dash I would be able to cleanly extract the system and somehow reconnect standard harnesses.........I removed two sets of screws but only got as far as the picture below.

Any tips on removing the next stage of dash??? I would at least like to be able see the wiring. I must say they did a good job of tucking everything up and away.

Thoughts anyone? Should I just replace battery first?

Thanks
Pete

Attachment 61809
stackman1 is offline   Reply With Quote