Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2021, 05:37 AM   #1
Rich_UK

Drives: Yaris mk1 & Yaris mk2
Clutch Low biting point

SOLVED

We have a 1.3 VVT-i 2008 Yaris mk2

Ever since we've owned the car (second hand) the clutch biting point is right at the floor, the garage we purchased it from said it has a new clutch... but I take that with a pinch of salt. You really have to mash the pedal into the floor or risk crunching gears 1st and reverse.

I've bled the brakes number of times, cant see any fluid leaking from master or slave, the fluid is good and topped up so make me think not hydraulic, scanning through online I see other posts with the same issue but no one either sorts it or comes back to post what the resolution was, some have reported they changed the clutch to no effect... which brings me to post this.. I was looking at changing the clutch but cant work out why the biting point would be low for a warn clutch sounds more like a fork or pressure plate spring to strong no releasing?

Has anyone else had this and found the culprit ?

Last edited by Rich_UK; 02-17-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Rich_UK is offline   Reply With Quote