Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #19
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
HAH, you obviously don't know who I am. I LOVE videos! I have always asked the people with turbo or S/C to make videos, but they don't. Jerks! ;)

Even whoopee said he'll make so much videos, that i'll get sick of it! But he couldn't even get one to work..

Once this thing is on and working and no cels are on, I will be having plenty and plenty of videos! TRUST ME!
if i hadnt lost that pulley the same day i installed it there would have been more videos.

i mostly drive with the supercharger off since i dont have the right pulley. so unless u want a video of a video of a boosted yaris with the blower turned off, that is slower than a stock yaris i'll b glad to record that. NOT

there is one more video i can upload though

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #20
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Well Noogie said that he left off Spacer B that is at the bottom of the blitz alternator bracket. We put it on and eyeballed it and the pulley from blitz did look out of line with the crank pulley. So we are taking off the spacer B and seeing if this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
The alternator goes on first with Spacer B where the installation manual says but the alternator is too far offset from the rest of the pulleys.

Oh yeah, others have mentioned this. The bolts all come in one bag. It is up to you to figure out which bolt is the right one to use.

Finally, we decide to not use the second Spacer B and the alternator goes on and all of the pulleys are parallel to each other and are lined up.

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 03-07-2009 at 06:16 PM.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Good to see that taking the alternator off was not a chore.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
PETERPOOP

I am hating how these bolts aren't listed in the instructions and you have to guess for the majority of them on which are to be used where.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
LtNoogie

Yeah. KK had made a list of where each of them go. I eventually went to the auto parts store and bought a box of metric hardware. I ended up using some of it because I had used the wrong bolt and nut in another location.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Another install
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #25
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Yeah. KK had made a list of where each of them go. I eventually went to the auto parts store and bought a box of metric hardware. I ended up using some of it because I had used the wrong bolt and nut in another location.

Was the wrong bolt the long one used BELOW the one where you didn't end up using spacer B? Because that bolt seems ridiculously long for that.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #26
PETERPOOP

Still going..
Old 03-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #27
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
VIIIDDDDEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ-A

Peter unless I'm seeing things wrong I think that top alternator bolt is in the wrong hole in the bracket. I did the exact same thing, see the pic.
Properly installed it goes in the other top hole (the red pointer), sorry i didn't get a shot of it on there the right way.

Also maybe it's just the angle of your pic, but that a/c line looks awful close to making contact with the belt once its installed over the pulley on the compressor, it might be easier to secure them out of the way before the compressor goes on... I had to adjust mine afterwards and its a real b*itch even if you have skinny arms

Lt Noogie is correct, I sent Garm an edited version of the instructions with the hardware issues clarified as well as I could. For example in the previous English instructions the steps refer to bolt numbers, but there are no numbers next to items in the parts list... so I numbered them by comparing them to the original Japanese booklet. Sorry, I don't have a copy here or I'd PM it to yuh.

Last edited by kurokoma-kun; 03-07-2009 at 08:54 PM.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #28
PETERPOOP

Actually, that picture was from noogie's install. I believe we have it in the right spot. We are now having trouble with the middle bolt that goes in the manifold. It's impossible! Did you guys remove the fuel rail completely? Or just moved it around. We didn't remove the two bolts that were on the side of the fuel rail, just the ones in front. Didn't think it would have made a difference if we removed the ones on the side.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #29
kurokoma-kun

Quote:
Actually, that picture was from noogie's install. I believe we have it in the right spot. We are now having trouble with the middle bolt that goes in the manifold. It's impossible! Did you guys remove the fuel rail completely? Or just moved it around. We didn't remove the two bolts that were on the side of the fuel rail, just the ones in front. Didn't think it would have made a difference if we removed the ones on the side.
Yes undo all of them. If you don't want to completely remove the fuel rail, here's a trick for getting the nut on that center stud in the cylinder head. Use a ratcheting swiveling box end wrench.

Wrap a narrow strip of duct tape around the outer edge of nut, in the opposite direction of tightening, leaving a long tail of tape... you will stick this to the wrench handle.

Wedge the taped nut into the flat end of wrench, insert into the space between fuel rail and manifold, place the nut over the stud and try to turn.

After it catches even one thread, you can lift the tool straight up and off the nut. Then use it to press the flat surface of the nut while you pull off the tape strip--the action of pulling the tape off tightens the nut a couple more turns.

Then you can get in there with the ratcheting end to finish tightening.

Last edited by kurokoma-kun; 03-07-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #30
PETERPOOP

K did that. Still going..
Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #31
LtNoogie

KK is right. You have the alternator little bracket in the wrong hole. If you go to Post #59 of my thread, you'll see that I had to drop it to the hole below.

I must be the only one who did not have a problem with that middle manifold nut.

Keep going. Be strong.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #32
PETERPOOP

In the directions, it says to put 5 stud bolts into the compressor. It had the five holes circled. But there are six holes and they don't address to put a stud bolt in the sixth hole in the future steps. I was condering if you guys decided to put one in, or did you just do the five?

It's step 14 in (6) Manifold and Compressor Mounting
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #33
PETERPOOP

Quote:
KK is right. You have the alternator little bracket in the wrong hole. If you go to Post #59 of my thread, you'll see that I had to drop it to the hole below.

Yah, we saw that! Good thing we browsed ahead in your thread.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #34
LtNoogie

There may be a stud that comes out of the intake manifold. I don't remember. Check it.

Nevermind. Step 15 tells you what to do with the last hole.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #35
kurokoma-kun

Quote:
In the directions, it says to put 5 stud bolts into the compressor. It had the five holes circled. But there are six holes and they don't address to put a stud bolt in the sixth hole in the future steps. I was condering if you guys decided to put one in, or did you just do the five?

It's step 14 in (6) Manifold and Compressor Mounting
Do just what it says...you will see why in the next step... in that 6th hole you should put a single M6x16 bolt... you have 7 of these, most of which will be used to attach the inlet pipe later

dayam I sure do wish I had those fixed up instruction to send you, or that Garm was here to do it

oh yeah don't neglect to install that dipstick bracket like it says in the "hint" under step 16, it will save you headaches when it comes time to reinstall the dipstick
Old 03-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #36
LtNoogie

We sound like a bunch of midwives.

Push! Push!