Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2023, 10:43 AM   #1
Collinsport

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Tire Pressure Light

I have a 2010 Yaris. The tire pressure light is on despite correct air pressure in tires and working sensors. I have taken it to two places, and they cannot get the light to go off. How do I disable it? There is no reset button. Any detailed directions on how to make the light go off permanently will be greatly appreciated.
Collinsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:39 AM   #2
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
You have at least one dead battery in one of the senors. Over the years I have replaced 3 of the 4 sensor in our '10 LB. Miraculously the 4th one continues to function despite being 14 years old
Old 10-06-2023, 05:58 PM   #3
Collinsport

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
I've had all four sensors replaced. It is still on.
Collinsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:53 AM   #4
IndestructibleYaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
yeah people that don't recommend diagnostics are only right every once in a while. You need to do diag on the TPMS to see which sensors are acting up or what the computer thinks the problem is, and then you need to verify that the suspected area is the problem and narrow it down to a single part
IndestructibleYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:39 PM   #5
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Have you been able to verify (by watching them) "sniff" each sensor then connect to the OBD2 port and download that info? You would think a reputable shop would know this. But I would assume nothing. If this hasn't been done or done correctly then there is zero chance the system will clear. As far as it knows, you have 4 dead sensors
Old 10-08-2023, 06:30 AM   #6
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
As part of the replacement.
Where the replacement sensors registered to the system and then a reset was done. So the system knows the sensor output for each wheel. When inflated to the correct pressure?

Last edited by BLH; 10-08-2023 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Add something.
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 05:47 PM   #7
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
to be fair the whole tpms system is garbage...has been always will be...at best it works right for a while then re-fails

you need to
#1: scan and check every unit for function with an actual tpms scaner
#2: verify they are programed to the car and LOCATION(second most common issue)
#3: scan and check for voltage(#1 problem)
#4: reset the car and make it re-learn the sensors are there..this will require drive time(#3 issue)

if the problem persists you need to verify the location of said sensor and rep[lace it with a better quality one as its likely a signal issue even if its new out of the box...you can try and re-program and re-learn it but odds are its a bad unit
in all fairness if its not causeing limp in mode IGNORE IT!!!!!!!....ive got 3 piece wheels on my gen2xb and no tpms sensors installed as the addaptors are not that good....sure the lights on but ZERO issues

besides when the light comes on youve allready driven on the tire too long to save it...its a false sense of security..
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 01:36 AM   #8
bairjo

I have a set of tires on rims for both winter and a set for summer. I need to teach the computer which set of sensors are on the car every time i switch them out.
I use this scanner for Toyota Cars. The only drawback to using this is you need to know the serial or id number of each sensor, then you can program each into the system, This scanner wont read the serial numbers...you have to manually enter them. So save the numbers from season to season. So I guess what i am saying is, be sure the computer is lookin for the new serial number, not the one that is saved from the old ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 01:37 AM   #9
bairjo

Sorry that is just the bag. Here is the scanner.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 04:29 PM   #10
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
cheap aftermarket sensors never work right, you need oem sensors at least high quality denso aftermarkets
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote