Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
princessdanijela

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Soundproofing Yaris as a gift // Help!

Hi There!

My boyfriend has a 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan (if more details are needed I can get them)

I'm not a car person at all...but he is. Recently he's been complaining alot about rattling from his bass and I know I've heard of ways to stop that...

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some details on that because I think it would be a nice anniversary present

Any details would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!
princessdanijela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
best bet is to buy from ebay the dynomat extreme kit...

and let him do the install!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
princessdanijela

Drives: Toyota Yaris
great thank you!
princessdanijela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
SmallCarGuy
Desperauto's Son...

Drives: '75 Mini, '08 xB2
www.raammat.com Better than dynamat, cheaper, and easy to apply. The guy who owns it is totally cool and I've had my whole tC in it and it works awesome...
Old 09-06-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
gullmercy

Drives: 07 Yaris
if you really want to go all out and minimize the bass rattling, you have to test out to see exactly what is rattling, sometimes it can be reduced tremendously by just tightening a screw here and there. Usually the licenses plate and trunk lid.

product wise you will need dynamat (can be purchased at any store that has sound system equipment, ie. frys)

if you go to frys also ask about the other additions such as sound deadenin foam, and glue.

Note dynamatting a car can be kind of expensive, and it can reduce the bass A LOT, sometimes to much (and a lot of people do not realize that).

my friend had unbelievable rattling with his top of the line subs, so he spent about 700$ worth of dynamat, dynafoam, dynaglue, etc.. and no no more rattling however the bass is not as 'powerful' anymore...so becareful what you do. YOu might cancel out so much of the bass it wont even be worth it.

gl, i wish my girl would get me car presents. ;)
gullmercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessdanijela View Post
Hi There!

My boyfriend has a 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan (if more details are needed I can get them)

I'm not a car person at all...but he is. Recently he's been complaining alot about rattling from his bass and I know I've heard of ways to stop that...

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some details on that because I think it would be a nice anniversary present

Any details would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!
you are such an awesome gf. i wish my gf would listen to and remember what i talk about when it comes to my cars... and create an account on web forums just to ask a question in order to get the right parts that i want.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
duck

Drives: 2007 Silver Sedan
dynamat is like kleenex, more expensive then just regular tissues, just as good though, but you'd probably still buy the brand name.

dynamat is sold in sheets that one can apply around the inside of the trunk, underneath any fabric.
one can go crazy and just put it everywhere, but it's fairly expensive. the best way is to find any points around the subwoofer that might rattle or provide room for the sub to move and just cushion those areas. May take some calculation or trial and error, but it makes the most of the least.

dynamat is also sold in a license plate kit. you might be surprised how much noise comes from the rear license plate shaking around with a subwoofer in the trunk.

personally i just buy good quality subwoofers and don't turn them up to "booty bass" levels, but if I ever did want to go crazy, I'd buy the dynamat stuff.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote