Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
spudventues
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Liftback [someday soon]
Ordering a Yaris!

I've emailed a few dealers in my area, but they take forever to respond. So, I'm just wondering, what do you have to do as far as payment when ordering a Yaris? like just a deposit, or what?
spudventues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
yuiedie

Drives: '07 liftback
you should try calling them, that should get you a much quicker and accurate response. as far as deposits go, it may depend on your credit. it may be different in your area so ask the dealer.
yuiedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Second Yuiedie's suggestion - call them, or visit them if you can (maybe making an appt first by phone).

What you are going to be asked for depends on several things - 1) How salesman views you, 2) What dealership wants salesmen to do, and 3) If somebody begged-out of a deal he was counting on, 5 minutes before you talked to him.

We bought two new Toyotas this year - a 4Runner in late Feb and our Yaris HB in May. We went in on a Costco referral in Feb and quickly settled on a Gray, V8 Sport. Dealer had to trade for it - we were asked for credit card imprint, nothing was actually charged although he mentioned $500, I think. With the Yaris, which took three weeks to arrive, he didn't ask for anything.

Probably, because we are older (early 60's & retired) credit was never discussed until we said we'd put down $X and finance rest at Toyota's 2.9% rate. After all this time, I know our credit history, so I do not worry about it - if they do not want to lend us money, it's their problem and their lost business.

On the Yaris, I told him up front we'd pay cash. Both were very smooth, hassle-free deals. Just gave them a personal check at delivery.

We dealt with the Fleet Mgr both times. He has so much business, he does it by appointment only. We saw him deliver quite a few new Toyotas besides ours. I wish I could have sold telephone systems that way.........lol.

I don't know your age or background, but be polite, straight forward and hopefully you can find a good salesman to deal with, too.

Last edited by 60 Somethings; 12-04-2006 at 05:21 PM.
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
I put down $500 when I ordered, waited 18 weeks, but I got exactly what I wanted and I'm thrilled with my Yaris!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 AM   #5
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
I would suggest showing up at the dealer.
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
It depends on what the dealer wants, but there is absolutely no reason to have to put too much down on a deposit. $100 should be fine. If the salesperson tries to make you put down more, simply tell him no, and go find another salesperson that will let you put down $100.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #7
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
I put down $300 at the dealer. The salesman said, "We usually get a $500 deposit," but he sure as heck took my $300.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Billstein
Whew Who..

Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchs and Tacoma
I never put anything down,I have found a deposit wont get you the car,being in the right place at the right time does.
"HIS"2007 Yaris Hatch MedSilverMetallicPower PQ Package 17" Wheels Spoiler TRD ExhTipStiletto100 Radio Armrest 50% tint windshild 35% front windows 5% rear Aluminum TRD Shift Knob Keyless Entry VIP Alarm TRD Cold Air Intake
Billstein is offline   Reply With Quote