Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
cesturdy

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris sedan
diagrams and car parts/ oem or after market - best online sources?

As a result of a collision with another car, my 2007 yaris has a slight bend in the deflector panels and in the reinforced brackets. my neighbor brought this to my attention that these should be straight on and not the slightest bend. I was thinking about using a come-along but decided to return the come-along to the store, think it best to replace the parts rather than try to re-bend them back into shape.. had five estimates and not one said a thing about the frame. am planning on buying the needed car parts- reinforced brackets (extensions sometimes called 'crumple zones'), deflector panels, radiator absorber, bumper cover, and a few other items. The bumper rebar itself seems ok enough to keep. bought some torque wrenches. i also downloaded the official 2007 toyota yaris manual at https://cardiagn.com/2007-toyota-yar...r-manuals-pdf/. Now to order the parts and get busy. Is there a diagram somewhere of the torque to apply to each part? i know these are in the repair manual but wondering if they can be found together in one diagram. also there are so many places to order the parts, which place is the best online site to order parts? can i do after the market, or should i stick with oem?
cesturdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
The torque values should be listed on the parts diagrams at the beginning of each section, but it doesn't always include all of the surrounding assemblies. It will also indicate what parts are non-reusable or have model/year variations. It's a pain to flip back and forth so you might want to just print out all of them and make a separate booklet.

I've found that availability is pretty mixed for OEM vs aftermarket parts. Rockauto.com has some of the more commonly replaced body panels and bumper parts, some have to be ordered OEM. I normally start with Village Toyota for parts diagrams and finding part numbers, then Google them to find alternate sources.

YMMV on what site has the best price overall vs. your local dealership. You might be able to get them to cut you a deal if you're order a few hundred dollars worth of stuff at once, otherwise you're probably going to pay at or above MSRP. Shipping may offset the discount for buying OEM parts online vs. local, sales tax should be charged regardless of buying online or locally.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
cesturdy

free online repair manuals no longer available?

i tried to look again at the online yaris manual. a screen came up 'your access to this site has been limited'. does this mean the online repair manual is no longer available, or maybe we only have a certain amount of time to see it free online? anyone else have that experience? https://cardiagn.com/2007-toyota-yar...r-manuals-pdf/. i tried numerous times but it looks like i am locked out for good.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:10 PM   #4
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Looks like it is no longer available. I get a 404 page not found error.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:15 PM   #5
cesturdy

I would however get any large body panels, such as fenders or bumper covers as oem. I purchased an after market bumper cover. It was packaged wonderfully and great instructions on how to unfold it and steps on painting. However, two of the holes where the fasteners go were too big and broken: someone made a mistake in drilling and i would think there would be some sort of quality control. I did not want to go to the trouble of repacking and returning. I now have an additional task of welding the plastic and re-drilling. Perhaps if I had gotten a Toyota factory-made bumper cover I would not have encountered this problem. I will also need to drill holes so that I can add a license plate.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #6
cesturdy

Free online manual is now up

The free
online manual is now working again.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:22 AM   #7
Thedidat

Drives: YARIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesturdy View Post
The free
online manual is now working again.
Do you have a link I need
Thedidat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #8
cesturdy

I was relying on the manual. I had downloaded part of the manual but now that seems to also be gone. I guess what was downloaded was a link to the online. Anyway, i was not going to pay full-price. There are online sites that require a yearly fee. Not want that. My solution: I went to e-bay and found the three volume set, and I gave a best offer. After negotiating I was able to order the set for $180 w/tax and free shipping. I highly recommend ebay, i have had a lot of good experience buying car parts from the various vendors at ebay. I even ordered by mistake the wrong fasteners for the car and that particular seller refunded my money before I returned the item.

Tags
aftermarket, auto parts, car parts, diagrams, oem