Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
dindy
metallic green vitos

Drives: 2002 toyota vitz. 1.0 auto
Send a message via MSN to dindy
help..check engine again

.....got some trouble issues with my 2002 1.0 auto vitz.....once check engine light is on...mech told me it is the afm sensor...changed..after some trips again change engine light with rough idling.....again mech told me it is the idle control valve......changed this expensive part about 250 euros.....now again!!! rough idling and check engine light is on , but the myth is this....when i start the car i got good idle and good start. no trouble...but after a few drive about 30 minutes the check engine light kicks in. but driving is good condition, but when i stop to idle , it is like shaky u hear like hissing noise under the bonnet. then i turn off the engine, start again....no rough idle no cel, but then again after 30 mins of drive it pops on again.....now i notice a new problem...ac wont kick in since i got this f"$%£ problem....need some help pls i already payed alot of bugs on mechanics and other sh!t...

changed....spark plugs, air flow meter, air filter, trassmission oil, engine oil, idle control valve. parts from original toyota dealer.
dindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Do you know what error codes are being logged now, when the check engine light comes on? With it running fine for a bit and then starting to run rough and throwing the CEL, it may be the O2 sensor.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
dindy
metallic green vitos

no logs thats the trouble!! the cel comes on after driving about 30 minutesor more, but as i told you when i shut off the engine and restart it it will go off....not every time it comes on! but when it comes my car on idle its like shaky and ziff ziff ziff noise under bonnet. since no vacuum leak found. are there ways to check the o2 sensor?
Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindy View Post
no logs thats the trouble!! the cel comes on after driving about 30 minutesor more, but as i told you when i shut off the engine and restart it it will go off....not every time it comes on! but when it comes my car on idle its like shaky and ziff ziff ziff noise under bonnet. since no vacuum leak found. are there ways to check the o2 sensor?
That's tricky, unless you can drive around with a diagnostic scanner, so you can read the code before shutting it off. For the O2 sensor, a diagnostic scanner is the best way to verify if it is working correctly.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
If the car throws a CEL, even though it goes away, the code is stored.
Get a scanner, and retrieve the stored code.
If there are too many codes stored, erase them. Retrieve the new code as soon as the light comes back.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Im sorry I cant help except to recommend to GO SOMEPLACE ELSE!

This is the classic ripoff the consumer with a CEL.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
I really like some of the British words for things...such as bonnet (for hood). I once put some items in a locker at a train station in Madrid. The instructions for using the locker were available (onscreen) in about 8-10 languages. Two of the language choices were 'American' and 'British'.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
dindy
metallic green vitos

nookandcrannycar please dont be a teacher. im a maltese man that i can speak a little english. if you want to correct people about there language pls find an online job by teaching idiot ppl like me. at other person who replied me , i will get a scanner and let you informed later with codes. thanks :)
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
dindy
metallic green vitos

back from my mechanik right now...we can get wtf is happing. ok he suggested me to take it to a computer scanner...anyone knows if the code will be store on the ecu? cause sometime the cel is and some time not. or i need to scan it when the cel is on?? thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
back from my mechanik right now...we can get wtf is happing. ok he suggested me to take it to a computer scanner...anyone knows if the code will be store on the ecu? cause sometime the cel is and some time not. or i need to scan it when the cel is on?? thanks
The code should be stored, even if the light is out. You can buy a cheap code scanner to use yourself for under $20 US.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
nookandcrannycar please dont be a teacher. im a maltese man that i can speak a little english. if you want to correct people about there language pls find an online job by teaching idiot ppl like me. at other person who replied me , i will get a scanner and let you informed later with codes. thanks :)
dindy, I was trying to compliment, not offend. I REALLY DO prefer quite a few British usage words to American usage words, with bonnet being one of those words. In many ways, England and other Commonwealth Nations do a much better job of educating their populace than the U.S. does, including Commonwealth Nations who have another common language that is not English. The need for a menu on a locker to have an 'American' selection and a separate 'English' section just (IMO) shows a negative aspect of the far reaching effects of 'American culture' (a phrase I dislike re reference to the U.S. re the arrogance it carries...IMO all people in 'the Americas' are 'American' - from Tierra del Fuego to Cape Columbia in Nunavut, Canada (I actually saw a Nunavut license plate on a car in California a few years ago!)). I have yet to make it to your fair country (my closest being Pasteum -- 50 km SE of Salerno, Italy), but I hope to eventually make it to Malta. If I do, I certainly may see some wonderfully modded Yari as we seem to have a fair number of members living in Malta.

Last edited by nookandcrannycar; 12-10-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
dindy
metallic green vitos

argh sry for misunderstand you mate :) we got evil yaris cars here in malta. not even yaris but glanza and gts....@ ct scott thanks mate.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
argh sry for misunderstand you mate :) we got evil yaris cars here in malta. not even yaris but glanza and gts....@ ct scott thanks mate.