Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
jdm-yaris

Drives: Yaris S 5dr hatch 09
spring compression plz read need answers

ok i have a yaris 5dr hatch09 i brought springs for it from DZ it was a 1.8 all around...but then when i had them installed the car was more lowered in the back then the front.....so this guy called saying not to cut them but that he can compress the spring so that it will match like the rear but the question is is that a good idea to do i really need answers please and thanks
jdm-yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Let the new suspension settle for a few weeks- 2 months max. The way our suspension is designed stock it has a slight rake. When some springs are put on it makes it seem like the back is lower then the front. Pretty typical with springs that drop the same height front and back. Mine looked like that for about 2 weeks after I dropped mine. Just let it settle itself in and you should be good. Just dont cut the springs.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
If all else fails you might contact a commercial spring shop. They typically service heavy trucks and may be able to help re-configure your rear springs.

Good Luck!

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Spring spacers will raise the rear approximately 3/8" and stiffen it slightly.

This thread has two to pick from:
http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ing-stiffeners
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
you could do some water-hose or similar hose on the spring on each end. not only will it stop squeaks but it will also raise vehicle a little. not much or anything significant but it will raise. you could also go on the self help aisle in autozone or similar and find some spring spacers....get the small ones. they twist in using 1/2" square driver. it's a rig job i know, but they're like 10 bux for 4 of them...
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Just saw this. I run the "compressed spring clamp" on the front springs to lower my DF210's a little. Works great but you will (of course) get a little more bounce.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote