Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
oil companies profitting...

ExxonMobil (XOM, news, msgs) earned more than $10 billion in the second quarter as high oil prices continue to swell the bottom lines of big oil companies.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com....aspx?GT1=8380

great... now everyone loses portions of their incomes for high gas prices...
the high gas prices might cause inflations and those oil companies still have the most earnings...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Gotta love those greedy b*stards making massive money due to a speculative market.

"What? China is growing? Charge more!"
"What? War in the Middle East? Charge more!"
"What? American's will still pay $4 for premium? Charge more!"

We seriously need a government regulation on such a necessary resource as oil/gasoline. They say it's a time of oil crisis yet they post record profits last year. Yeah, big crisis.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
If we can only get americans to spend less fuel.....Laws of supply and demand... if people only knew.
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogs2k
If we can only get americans to spend less fuel.....Laws of supply and demand... if people only knew.
Are you trying to tell me to get rid of my ginormous Hummer that gets 2 MPG? Screw that, I need my penis compensation.

Reminds me of the Lowest Ego Emissions commercials for VW. Guy sitting in the Viper with a megaphone yelling, "To make up for my shortcomings!" over and over again.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
And that's how capitalism works, folks.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
bulldogs2k

lol got to love the, " i need my SUV to keep my kids safe." rubbish....
Old 07-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Record prices and record consumption not surprised.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:12 AM   #8
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogs2k
too bad people are morons. Hell, most people in the USA don't even realize how much their suburban tanks are costing them. Most people here are up to their EYEBALLS in debt and couldn't even tell you how much they owe in debt much less what their day-to-day costs are. They don't care if they're spending $80 twice a week to fill up, they do it on credit card (in which they are ONLY making minimum payments every month )
Old 07-29-2006, 02:33 AM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
The funniest thing about it is one of the reasons cited over and over again as to why gas prices are outrageous is damage to refineries from Katrina and the likes.

Call me crazy, but couldn't you guys take about .01% of the money you made in the LAST THREE MONTHS and have all those issues fixed really quick?

The hypocrisy is stifling.

Exxon earned $114 million a DAY during last quarter.
$1300 a second.

If my calculations are correct, in one second Exxon could send a Yaris on a 20,000 mile+ journey! Wow, those guys are great. Lets teach our kids to love Exxon. Click here if junior's nightstand is a little bare.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:11 AM   #10
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhcchen
ExxonMobil (XOM, news, msgs) earned more than $10 billion in the second quarter as high oil prices continue to swell the bottom lines of big oil companies.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com....aspx?GT1=8380

great... now everyone loses portions of their incomes for high gas prices...
the high gas prices might cause inflations and those oil companies still have the most earnings...

Its also a suprise that George Bush and Dick Cheaney own a shit load of stock in oil companies. GO FIGURE....I live near a man that owns the Swifty Gas company and I talked to him and let me tell ya he will never be poor. The old tard has about 10 million dollars worth of horses and is trying to buy people out of their houses to knock them down and build more stables and shit.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 AM   #11
bulldogs2k

i should start buying stock in oil companies lol.....i wish i could.....
Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #12
boxerboy

You can buy Exxonmobil stock. I don't know if now is the time, but gas prices will go higher. You don't have to love the oil companys, but it would be nice to know how much money a day it takes for them to do business . Some how the media want us to think there is something wrong with record profits. I bet the beloved federal gov makes at least 3 times that much on taxes from the same oil. Our children are taught to love the federal gov and they will take care of you.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...bak.aspx?msn=1
Stop whining; ExxonMobil is doing its job
Huge profits aside, this company is tending to the future -- and taking care of its stockholders.

Sorry, but ExxonMobil (XOM, news, msgs) critics are just plain wrong. They've picked the wrong target for their rage. ExxonMobil is actually doing a good job at what an oil company is supposed to do: find oil and gas and sell it to make money for its shareholders.

Want to get mad at somebody? How about oil-company executives like Lee Raymond, who resigned as chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil last December after pocketing $4 million in salary, $4.9 million in bonus and $32 million in stock -- just for 2005? Or the boneheads in Washington who, flush with oil and auto company campaign dollars, have kept automobile mileage standards stuck at the same level since 1985? When any politician pretends outrage at the pain the "average consumer" feels at the pump, blow 'em the raspberry they deserve.

Want a short-term fix? Drive less. Drive slower. Car pool. Take a bus. Buy a more energy-efficient car. Put a solar hot water heater on your roof. Lobby Congress to stand up to Detroit and require higher miles per gallon in the cars it builds.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...bak.aspx?msn=1
yeah... i guess i'll stop whining...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I don't think anyone was aiming at Johnny Refineryworker... We know the corruption lies at the top, and that goes for government, enterprise or otherwise. Exxon is doing a wonderful job at what oil companies aren't supposed to do but do anyway... find oil, refine it, make a lot of money, and spread 90% of it among the few hundred people at the top of the company. Who the f&#% needs 50 million dollars? Hell, who needs 10? Or 5? Honestly. I'm going to go watch my Woodstock DVD... haha.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #15
boxerboy

Its not a question of who needs how much money. If you limit the amount of money someone can earn you won't get much. The oil companys work off a 7-9% profit margin. Why does no one every say why is that guy playing a game (baseball, football, basketball and ect.) making millions? I will tell you, its not what you are worth it how much money you can make your owners ( team owner or shareholders). If you can make someone or a large number of people billions, then why shouldn't that person be paid millions? Thats business. On a side note why do I get the feeling that a lot of people on the road seem to (not the people on this forum after all you bought or want a yaris) think it manly or some how cool to keep forking out big bucks for gas? You know kind of like its no problem for me I can handle it I'm a big man. Oh, by the way I don't need 5 millions, but I could do something with it. F*&$#+@ ME
Old 08-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #16
bulldogs2k

people are trading there big rigs in for smaller cars/trucks. Who knows, maybe the demand for gas will shrink and the prices will decline.....but thats a long shot.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #17
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
It could happen in the long run when hybrids start to rely less and less on fuel.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #18
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Get some stocks in oil, or oil groups, and make a profit yourself.
I'm all for that.
Also with having a Yaris, I don't have to worry about getting shafted with high gas prices.

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote