Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #217
camry09

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2010
So no juice for me today unfortunately

The Valet 561T that i connected seems to be getting power because Tach Learning Procedure worked well

However the remote start doesn't work at all not even getting the ignition lights - the error that i get is Flashing LEd 7 times which according to Troubleshoot means the following

Seven (-) Neutral safety shutdown (H2/6 BLACK/WHITE)

I do have this wire connected to Key Sense - am i on the right track here ?

Thank you

Last edited by camry09; 11-10-2014 at 06:31 PM.
camry09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #218
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by camry09 View Post
So no juice for me today unfortunately

The Valet 561T that i connected seems to be getting power because Tach Learning Procedure worked well

However the remote start doesn't work at all not even getting the ignition lights - the error that i get is Flashing LEd 7 times which according to Troubleshoot means the following

Seven (-) Neutral safety shutdown (H2/6 BLACK/WHITE)

I don have this wire connected to Key Sense - am i on the right track here ?

Thank you
Sounds like you didn't switch the default mode from standard transmission to auto.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #219
camry09

Alright maybe im missing something, but so far this is the only thing that ive found

IMPORTANT! This product is designed for fuel-injected, automatic transmission vehicles only.Installing it in a standard transmission vehicle is dangerous and is contrary to its intended use.

Thank also this part

Connect this wire to the toggle (override) switch as shown in Figure A. Connect the other wire from the toggle switch
to the PARK/NEUTRAL switch in the vehicle. This wire will test with ground with the gear selector either in PARK or
NEUTRAL. This will prevent the vehicle from accidentally being started while in a drive gear. This input MUST rest at ground
in order for the remote start system to operate. Connected properly the vehicle will only start while in PARK or NEUTRAL.
In some vehicles, the PARK/NEUTRAL position switch activates a factory starter lock-out that will not allow the
starter to operate in a drive gear. In these vehicles, connect this wire to the toggle switch as shown in Figure B.
Connect the other wire from the toggle switch to chassis ground.

Do i just ground this wire and call it a day?

From guys that did this install on AT can you please point me on the right track

thank you
Old 11-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #220
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry09 View Post
Alright maybe im missing something, but so far this is the only thing that ive found

IMPORTANT! This product is designed for fuel-injected, automatic transmission vehicles only.Installing it in a standard transmission vehicle is dangerous and is contrary to its intended use.

Thank also this part

Connect this wire to the toggle (override) switch as shown in Figure A. Connect the other wire from the toggle switch
to the PARK/NEUTRAL switch in the vehicle. This wire will test with ground with the gear selector either in PARK or
NEUTRAL. This will prevent the vehicle from accidentally being started while in a drive gear. This input MUST rest at ground
in order for the remote start system to operate. Connected properly the vehicle will only start while in PARK or NEUTRAL.
In some vehicles, the PARK/NEUTRAL position switch activates a factory starter lock-out that will not allow the
starter to operate in a drive gear. In these vehicles, connect this wire to the toggle switch as shown in Figure B.
Connect the other wire from the toggle switch to chassis ground.

Do i just ground this wire and call it a day?

From guys that did this install on AT can you please point me on the right track

thank you

Looking at the configuration guide where you can get into the menus and change different settings, it looks like this one does not have a setting for it. I just installed a Viper remote starter (also made by DEI, like Valet) in my sister's Tacoma and had the same issue, but changing the default MT setting to AT solved it.

For yours, just ground that wire.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #221
camry09

Success!!!!! its alive and working, 3x time hit Close and it starts up

The only thing it doesn't want to open from Remove while vehicle is running, will have to use the key to open the doors for now till can figure that out

A special thank you to STScott for helping with advice
Old 03-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #222
JBinc

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
1172 Ultra Start issues

I've go an interesting issue. 2007 Yaris sedan, no factory alarm, no engine immobilizer, power locks. I followed the DIY PDF to install U1272 Ultra Start. Had remote lock/unlock functionality with park lamp flash using either of the two fobs, but remote start did not work when I pressed the star button and the horn did not sound with any command. The strange things is that it would remote start intermittently when I pressed the star button, then lock button.

I entered programming mode and was working through the lock button menus when the car suddenly started but never disengaged the starter . I tried pressing the brake then turning the key to OFF (normal to stop remote start functionality), but that didn't work. After some panic, I pulled power to the remote start module. Now every time I apply power to the module, the vehicle instantly cranks, but won't start. I have the hood up (hood switch open) and key is out of ignition--doesn't matter. Continuity is good on the black starter wire to yellow wire from remote starter module. None of the wires of the 6 pin remote starter connector are shorted to ground (continuity checked). Is there somewhere I can check to see if the module could be giving ground when it shouldn't. Please help!

Last edited by JBinc; 03-30-2015 at 08:20 AM.
JBinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #223
JBinc

One other note--now when I plug in the connector on the remote starter side for door lock/unlock my lock button on the door switch panel does not work, but unlock does. If I disconnect the connector again, the lock and unlock work when using the door switch panel (normal functionality).
Old 03-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #224
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinc View Post
I've go an interesting issue. 2007 Yaris sedan, no factory alarm, no engine immobilizer, power locks. I followed the DIY PDF to install 1172 Ultra Start. Had remote lock/unlock functionality with park lamp flash using either of the two fobs, but remote start did not work when I pressed the star button and the horn did not sound with any command. The strange things is that it would remote start intermittently when I pressed the star button, then lock button.

I entered programming mode and was working through the lock button menus when the car suddenly started but never disengaged the starter . I tried pressing the brake then turning the key to OFF (normal to stop remote start functionality), but that didn't work. After some panic, I pulled power to the remote start module. Now every time I apply power to the module, the vehicle instantly cranks, but won't start. I have the hood up (hood switch open) and key is out of ignition--doesn't matter. Continuity is good on the black starter wire to yellow wire from remote starter module. None of the wires of the 6 pin remote starter connector are shorted to ground (continuity checked). Is there somewhere I can check to see if the module could be giving ground when it shouldn't. Please help!
It sounds like the relay for the starter is stuck closed. Try giving the remote start unit a good hard slap with your hand to see if it will unstick. Even if it does, I would not trust it and would get it replaced. I recently went through two bad units before getting a good one, with a Viper remote starter that I installed for a friend.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #225
JBinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It sounds like the relay for the starter is stuck closed. Try giving the remote start unit a good hard slap with your hand to see if it will unstick. Even if it does, I would not trust it and would get it replaced. I recently went through two bad units before getting a good one, with a Viper remote starter that I installed for a friend.
I gave it a few solid slaps this morning. No luck. I'll contact Ultra Starters and see if they will warranty it. Have you had luck with the manufacturer replacing the unit under warranty in this scenario?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #226
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I haven't had one of theirs fail. They theoretically only sell to authorized installers, so you will likely have to deal with who you bought it from.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #227
JBinc

I spoke to the seller--fairly simple. They're sending a replacement module. Thanks for your help thus far.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #228
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
hi CTScott you have giving me some info in the past of a few different topics my only trouble i have had for years on my 08 yaris lb with power package is when my car is stored in a building for months at a time even with a trickle charger hooked up my battery will drain completely i have a python 571xp remotoe start with keyless entry i have pulled all my fuses for the stereo and amps trying to isolate this constant draw did not help then sometimes the cars will be stored same way battery stays up i keep telling my stereo guy its not the car itself but im sure wondering these days i have used yellow top optima and oddessy battery for longer life still not holding out when stored i do run a 180 amp dc alternator had the problem before and after alt install what do you think would cause this draw to be there most of the time and others not ? any advise from you would be awsome you are the yarisworld info king here oh no others add ons installed on my yaris just a little radio work and remote start and keyless entry only
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #229
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyracer View Post
hi CTScott you have giving me some info in the past of a few different topics my only trouble i have had for years on my 08 yaris lb with power package is when my car is stored in a building for months at a time even with a trickle charger hooked up my battery will drain completely i have a python 571xp remotoe start with keyless entry i have pulled all my fuses for the stereo and amps trying to isolate this constant draw did not help then sometimes the cars will be stored same way battery stays up i keep telling my stereo guy its not the car itself but im sure wondering these days i have used yellow top optima and oddessy battery for longer life still not holding out when stored i do run a 180 amp dc alternator had the problem before and after alt install what do you think would cause this draw to be there most of the time and others not ? any advise from you would be awsome you are the yarisworld info king here oh no others add ons installed on my yaris just a little radio work and remote start and keyless entry only

The Yaris has one of the highest static draws that I have ever seen on a car (~100 mA), which by itself will drain a battery is less than a month. Add a remote starter and you are up in the 200-250 mA range, where 2 weeks without starting it is pushing it. Your trickle charger may just not be enough to counteract the static draw. I use a battery quick disconnect switch on Crashy.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #230
pennyracer
boydstir

I have dealt with this voltage draw for years :iono:

okay is there a way if i have a professional wire my new alarm with remote start to have a remote function on a relay to kill the remote start draw when i store the car to slow the draw down i like the idea of a battery isolator just have to re program the head unit after each time i get my car out of storage to drive i am in the process of adding a second or even a third battery to build up the battery reserve for the radio and crazy voltage draw they will be mounted in the rear behind back seat quarters panels have you seen my new a pillar speaker addition still have to get the grills installed for the complete stealth look

Old 08-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #231
pennyracer
boydstir

one more question ctscott what brand would you spend your money on for complete security , remote start and gps tracking ? seems my only two options these days are viper or CompuStar ? sorry to be off topic here
Old 08-14-2015, 08:55 PM   #232
CTScott
ULTIMATE

No. The receiver for the remote is what creates the extra drain.

Nice speaker install on the pillars!
Old 09-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #233
Tanes70

Drives: 2010 gray Yaris
S.O.S I need help

Hi, I'm trying to install a remote starter on 2010 Toyota Yaris with immobilizer. I Use your guide to find all the wires and was easy to connect everything, but the starter didn't work... I'm a little confused with this car because I don't know if it has an alarm system or not. It has power doors and panic bottom on the key. I made the following connections between the remote starter module and the car: Ignition 1 on remote starter to the green wire in the car, Ignition 2 to the pink cable on the car, Accessory to the white one, and the Start to the black wire. I connect the bypass module as directed and it seems to be ok. Brake, parking lights, tach signal, horn and hood safety switch, were connected according with your wiring guide. So I have some doubts on the Ignition cables (should I use the green cable as ignition 2 and the pink one as ignition 1?) and should I use the alarm disarm wire on the module? If yes where must be connect it?
Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely, Andres.
Tanes70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #234
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanes70 View Post
Hi, I'm trying to install a remote starter on 2010 Toyota Yaris with immobilizer. I Use your guide to find all the wires and was easy to connect everything, but the starter didn't work... I'm a little confused with this car because I don't know if it has an alarm system or not. It has power doors and panic bottom on the key. I made the following connections between the remote starter module and the car: Ignition 1 on remote starter to the green wire in the car, Ignition 2 to the pink cable on the car, Accessory to the white one, and the Start to the black wire. I connect the bypass module as directed and it seems to be ok. Brake, parking lights, tach signal, horn and hood safety switch, were connected according with your wiring guide. So I have some doubts on the Ignition cables (should I use the green cable as ignition 2 and the pink one as ignition 1?) and should I use the alarm disarm wire on the module? If yes where must be connect it?
Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely, Andres.
I have installed three myself based on my guide. Did you install a transponder key bypass module, as one will be necessary on any 09+ due to the immobilizer.