Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Need help picking wheels/tires!!!

I'd love lots of suggestions /information on selecting tires and wheels for my on order Black Yaris liftback. I've read many threads on here to try to get educated. Anyone have new wheels/tire combos they think will meet my need on their Yaris now?

I'm not a racer/agressive driver and just want the car for economy but also want my ride to look very nice!!! I'd like to keep the stock 15" steel wheels/tires for the winter and put on some nice looking very hot wheel/tires for the other 3 seasons!

Want list from wheel/tire combo:

-GREAT LOOKS are #1 concern!!
-Same or better MPG(slower drive...cornering and speed no concern)
-Accurate speedometer readings
-Spare tire will work with the other wheel/tires in case of flat(on my vehicross I have a space saver spare and it will NOT work with my big tires...yikes...I travel with pump/fix flat/plug kits!)
-Strength...great strength...I drive many pot hole roads and dont want to worry about bending rims
-Not into chrome(have stock chrome rims on my vehicross-they always eventually peel!)
-Don't mind a higher tire profile if the wheel is nice looking and would gain better strength/pot hole proofness

I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL SUGGESTIONS AND INFORMATION YOU ARE WILLING TO SUPPLY

THANKS
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote