Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
SAFC-II

Anyone know if we can install one of these in our cars? I know the honda guys use the VAFC(controls VTEC engagement point and Air Fuel Ratio). I've seen a couple of other cars use the SAFC, that weren't Hondas. Anyone know?
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
in theory yes, it could be used to alter the ECU's behavior in open loop mode (i.e. with the pedal to the metal), but in regular closed-loop mode it may cause havoc...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
t0m4s
1NZ-FE

Drives: Yaris Seddan 08
i've heard that you need an FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) to do this mod? it's that true? i think it's to regulate the mix of air/fuel but i dont know

DC Sports Header, Vibrant Hi-Flow Cat, Round Magnaflow Muffler, Vibrant Tip, Dunlop Direzza 195/50 Rims 15", Injen Technologies Cold Air Intake, NST CR-Lite crank, waterpump & alternator pulleys, Tanabe NF210 Springs, NST SSK 1 & 2, NST Shifter Cable & Cage Bushing Kit, Nitto Engine Torque Damper
t0m4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
i have a couple of friends that own echos and xrs and they have the apex and they work the vvti fine but haven't seen it on a yaris computer yet. personally imma have to go with the emanage ultimate' bit harder to install and to work with it but the results are awesome.

or you could just buy a camcon which is made for controlling the vvti
jouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
Not sure why you would need a fpr, but then again I had my SAFC on an 87 Conquest TSi. I have thought about the camcon one though. I think the SAFC would be good only to those with a turbo or sc, but then you would probably already be going with Emanage which is a lot easier to use. If you had to do a budget build then I could see using an SAFC.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
t0m4s
1NZ-FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouna View Post
i have a couple of friends that own echos and xrs and they have the apex and they work the vvti fine but haven't seen it on a yaris computer yet. personally imma have to go with the emanage ultimate' bit harder to install and to work with it but the results are awesome.

or you could just buy a camcon which is made for controlling the vvti
in camcon page doesnt list the yaris seddan ncp93

DC Sports Header, Vibrant Hi-Flow Cat, Round Magnaflow Muffler, Vibrant Tip, Dunlop Direzza 195/50 Rims 15", Injen Technologies Cold Air Intake, NST CR-Lite crank, waterpump & alternator pulleys, Tanabe NF210 Springs, NST SSK 1 & 2, NST Shifter Cable & Cage Bushing Kit, Nitto Engine Torque Damper
Old 04-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m4s View Post
in camcon page doesnt list the yaris seddan ncp93

i googled and found this for the camcon...

http://images.google.com.pr/imgres?i...%3D2%26hl%3Des
hope it helps
jouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
t0m4s
1NZ-FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouna View Post
i googled and found this for the camcon...

http://images.google.com.pr/imgres?i...%3D2%26hl%3Des
hope it helps

this is what i'm telling you

Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 AM   #9
1nz

Drives: Vios
use the ncp91, they're similar and just to share, i installed a camcon on my ncp93 and evnthough it was able to adjust my a/f as when i set all to 10% the a/f wnt to 10.4a/f and power dropped from 98 to 94 but increasing the power was like impossible with the camcon not sure why thats why i installed the emanage ultimate instead will tune it next week and see the result

greddyvios.blogspot.com
1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
t0m4s
1NZ-FE

keep us update