Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
nmills1526

Drives: Yaris coming soon
New to Site. Have some questions.

Hey everybody my name is Nick and I'm from Chicago. I joined this site because I am getting a Yaris soon. I would just like to know what sites you guys all go to for parts.(Lip Kits, rims, exhaust,etc.) I was originally a Honda Fit fan but I just recently fell in love with the Yaris body. Also, are the Yaris motors almost the same as Honda's V-Tec? What do you like, or hate about your Yaris? Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you all.

nmills1526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Welcome to the forum, most of us here get parts from different sources, but here a trusted vendor and cool ppls microimageonline.com, our motors 1.5 VVTI something like a V-tec but not to be compared thou, what are you getting the Sedan or LB? You will enjoy this site and the other as well, peace
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
nmills1526

I am looking at a 3dr hatch with a manual trans. They are just hard to find so far.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Sooner or later you'll find one bro, new or used? Did you check out the MI site?
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
nmills1526

Yeah I did. Thanks alot! Lots of cool stuff on there! Now I just need to find a ride ha ha.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i like mine...

zippy little car since they only weigh about 2300lbs

not a lot out there for engine management, so i doubt its at tune-able as a honda would be. nor do we have the engine swaps (yet)

but add intake, header and exhaust, some suspension mods and wheels/tires and you've got a great little corner carver
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
nmills1526

Thanks Barber, thats all im looking for really. I love tuning cars, but being 19 I dont have a huge budget and I feel like this would be a fun car to drive. Barber, I also admire you car. Pretty sweet. The only question I have for people here is how do you all like the gauges being in the center of the dash? That seems odd to me ha ha!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills1526 View Post
Thanks Barber, thats all im looking for really. I love tuning cars, but being 19 I dont have a huge budget and I feel like this would be a fun car to drive. Barber, I also admire you car. Pretty sweet. The only question I have for people here is how do you all like the gauges being in the center of the dash? That seems odd to me ha ha!
There's a small adjustment period for the center cluster. But you'll get used to it. I think most end up liking it. I know I did.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #9
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
center console is annoying, but eventually you don't really look at it anyways

but i DO like the storage area above the steering wheel...
Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills1526 View Post
It took a week to get used to it...now having it in the center seems normal, plus it's easier to see over the dashboard if you are short. And the extra storage compartment is nice.

The thing I don't like about my 3 door liftback is having to lock the hatch manually with a key, instead of just slamming it down & forgetting about it (like a car with a trunk).

Also don't like the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) but we are all pretty much stuck with that now since the Feds don't think we are smart enough to check our tire pressure on our own.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
nmills1526

Okay well I guess I can get used to it too. So you all say there is a storage compartment right above the steering wheel? Ill have to check that out. Another thing I noticed while looking at pictures is that the gear lever sits pretty high. Is that true? Or does it just look that way in the photos?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #12
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Also don't like the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) but we are all pretty much stuck with that now since the Feds don't think we are smart enough to check our tire pressure on our own.
you can actually thank firestone for that one...

yea.. it sits fairly high if your used to honda short shifters.. but you also gotta realize that the seat sits pretty high also.. i think thats my only downfall with my yaris.. i feel like im sitting in a folding lawn chair. im used to my crx really low profile. but it grows on you like others say.. i think all these cars need is some nice looking rims and to be droped about 1.5-2" and you got yourself a nice looking ride.. also a spoiler helps in my opinion.. i just feel its too ovel looking in the back..

TRDsparks.com sells already painted and installation kit for spoilers
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
nmills1526

Rims, spings, and some bolt ons is all I plan on doing. I am also impressed with some of the gas mileage that you guys get. Even with all of the mods, some of you are getting 35+ MPG. Thats Crazy! I dont even think my go-kart gets that much.

ilikerice: can you get a part that would make the lever lower, if i wanted to? Or is that just the way it is?

Thanks again you all!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #14
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
you can actually thank firestone for that one...

yea.. it sits fairly high if your used to honda short shifters.. but you also gotta realize that the seat sits pretty high also.. i think thats my only downfall with my yaris.. i feel like im sitting in a folding lawn chair. im used to my crx really low profile.
My last CRX I owned, a red 1988, I kept it for 9 years. I wore out a spot on the driver's seat where I put my left hand all the time to give me a boost to get out of the car! Now I feel like I'm sitting in an SUV when I get in my Yaris.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #15
nmills1526

Ha ha Crx's are the bomb! Too bad they are hard to find as well. They are either riced out, or super rusty.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Yeah I did. Thanks alot! Lots of cool stuff on there!
Thank you -- if I can be helpful with parts etc. for your new car, let me know. Micro Image is a Supporting Vendor for YarisWorld.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
nmills1526

Thanks Cali. I checked out the site and it is very nice! Alot of cool stuff on there. First I need to get a Yaris, then the modding will begin!!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #18
rick996

Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
Those of us on the forum are most likely car enthusiasts. The average American is more likely to be not smart enough to check their tire pressure.

rick996 is offline   Reply With Quote