Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
manuel_Ga20

Drives: Yaris 2008 Hatchback 5 doors
Thumbs down Help my doors are not opening

Hi guys, i´m having some issues with the opening and closing doors system i guees, i will explain all the details, well i bought a mvh-8250 pioneer, the 2 din to 1 din kit and the little things that goes one on the left side and the other in the right side, and i bought the wiring kit, first of all i unplugged the original stereo and plug the wiring kit to the original one, and then i follow all the steps that the mvh-8250 brought, after all that i installed everything back and it was everything set up back in place, when i was back at home i realized that the control that it comes with the keys wasn´t working at all and i thought that maybe it was the battery so i decided to buy a new one, i installed it and it wasn´t working either, i took my car to the toyota dealer and the try to see if it was the control and it wasn´t the control was fine, so they told me that when i have time i should leave the car there for a couple of days, so my question is does the new stereo has something to do with the opening and closing sysmtem or ECU? i´m really worried about it! i need some help with it! Sorry if my english is not good enough it has been a long time since i left america! Thank you very much for your time!
manuel_Ga20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
One your english is fine brotha, two did you try disconnecting the battery to reset the system if that's not the problem CT Scott will answer your question with no problem and will find the solution 2 your problem, suelte bro
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Chances are that you popped a fuse in the process of doing your audio work.

If I had to guess, I would say that it is the 15A DOME fuse in the under hood fuse panel.

If that one is not bad, check the following:

In the under hood fuse: 7.5A ECU-B
In the under dash fuse panel: 25A D/L. 10A ECU-IG, 7.5A ACC.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
manuel_Ga20

Thumbs down

Big lo thank you dude! i already tried disconnecting the battery but nothing, when i was at the toyota service department they did a test to see if the car was receiving the waves that comes from the control, so the center light in the interior blinked when they pressed the unlock o lock button, that it supposed to mean that the car was receiving the waves but the doors weren't locking or unlocking so they told me to bring the car in a week but i bet they don't even know what is it, so after asking to some friends they told me that it maybe is the ECU that is supposed to be located near by the back door in the pilot side! so i actually don't know what to believe, i found this diagram that i want to share with you and maybe it will help

CTScoot i actually think that i looked all the fuses that you mention, i checked all those fuses under the hood, also i checked all the fuses up where i rest my left foot, i think those are what you meant! am i right? Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited by manuel_Ga20; 03-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

That diagram is for the transponder key. If that wasn't working you wouldn't be able to start the car.

With the fuses, pull and look closely at the ones that I mentioned (two are under the hood, and the rest are by your left foot). It is not always obvious that they are popped, particularly with the low current ones.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
manuel_Ga20

okey tomorrow at mornig i will check all of them and i will let you know! http://www.scribd.com/doc/8679750/20...l-36-Door-Lock check this part of the manual this is what they showed me, page DL-64, with my key control the center light blinked twice, and with another key blinked once but longer. So they told me the receiver is fine!. Thank you for your help!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel_Ga20 View Post
okey tomorrow at mornig i will check all of them and i will let you know! http://www.scribd.com/doc/8679750/20...l-36-Door-Lock check this part of the manual this is what they showed me, page DL-64, with my key control the center light blinked twice, and with another key blinked once but longer. So they told me the receiver is fine!. Thank you for your help!
OK - If the receiver is responding, and the dome light lights when you open the door, then the DOME fuse is fine.

Still check the others, since the door control receiver just passes data over LIN BUS to the Body ECU. The body ECU then does the actual work of locking and unlocking the doors. The other fuses relate to that function.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
I think that tomorrow all will be in order, thanks to CT
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
manuel_Ga20

CTScott i checked all the fuses and it seems to be that alot of them are not working tomorrow i will change them, i even saw something really weird on the fuse number 26 that it says id/up/mir htr and its that the plastic is kind of weird as you can see on the picture!, i took it out and i put my tester were the fuse should be and it seems that this slot is like no working, i'm really worried about it, the only modification that i did to the car was the new Stereo so i don't get it, does the stereo has something to do with the ECU? here is the picture: [img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.f79418b110.jpg]
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
CTScott i checked all the fuses and it seems to be that alot of them are not working tomorrow i will change them, i even saw something really weird on the fuse number 26 that it says id/up/mir htr and its that the plastic is kind of weird as you can see on the picture!, i took it out and i put my tester were the fuse should be and it seems that this slot is like no working, i'm really worried about it, the only modification that i did to the car was the new Stereo so i don't get it, does the stereo has something to do with the ECU? here is the picture: [img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.f79418b110.jpg]
Fuse 26 is a secondary feed on the rear window defogger circuit. If the 30A DEF fuse is popped then that slot will not have power. The 30A DEF fuse is one of the larger fuses near the relays, behind the pocket on the left side of the dash:

Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
manuel_Ga20

you mean the main body ecu? where can i get one of those big fuses? are they easy to find? thank you bro for the help
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
you mean the main body ecu? where can i get one of those big fuses? are they easy to find? thank you bro for the help
Correct. I am not sure about down your way, but up here, auto parts stores carry those larger fuses.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
manuel_Ga20

These are the fuses that are not working: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,16,17,18,20,21,26,30,31! I'm gong to try to get the 30A DEF i dont know how to test it so i'm just going to get one of them! Do you think that if i change that one will solve my problem? Thank you!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
These are the fuses that are not working: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,16,17,18,20,21,26,30,31! I'm gong to try to get the 30A DEF i dont know how to test it so i'm just going to get one of them! Do you think that if i change that one will solve my problem? Thank you!
That 30A fuse doesn't drive the feed to all of those, so I don't think that that fuse is the issue. In the picture I posted above look at the connector above the center relay labeled 4G. See if that connector is actually plugged in. It is a white connector with one very large diameter wire.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
manuel_Ga20

Yes that is conected right! So and my car is working properly the only thing thati thinkis not working is the locking doors and unlocking with the wireless control!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Yes that is conected right! So and my car is working properly the only thing thati thinkis not working is the locking doors and unlocking with the wireless control!
OK. How are you testing for power at the fuses?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
manuel_Ga20

I got a tester that i connect to the chassis and i see if the light turns on in the tester!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #18
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I got a tester that i connect to the chassis and i see if the light turns on in the tester!
OK. Check for power on that big wire in position 4G. That should have power even with the ignition off.

Tags
door, ecu, ecu wiring, stereo, wiring